Is The WTS Getting Desperate for Males? KM Aug 2009

by Hopscotch 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Also, if we go by the Jewish calendar which the Lord's Evening Meal is based on, which has 13 months some years and 12 in others, then where does that take us? (I'm assuming a 607 BCE start date, and no zero year.)

Not to 1914!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

blondie:

7) few men actually spend any time in the door to door rather running around dropping people off and picking them up.

hey...you found me out...this was my favorite scam..esp as an elder.... "oh, its so {insert mildly adverse weather condition: hot, cold, windy, rainy, etc}, I will be happy to move the car {a mere block or two} so you don't have to walk back." "Oh, thank you Brother Snakes, you are sooo kind."

other scam was....odd numbered car groups... I would offer to "work by myself" either seperate from the groups or at doors in the same group. Skipping houses that "looked" vacant.... phantom "bad dogs" {aka chihuahas} in the yard..... fake ringing the door bell and shoving a tract in the door....finishing my block early and either listening to jazz in the car or chilling under a tree drinking coffee. LOL

And the guys never wanted to chat about religion...but were always happy if I discussed their yard, favorite sports team, weather, anything.

Snakes ()

• donuthole
    donuthole

Speaking from own personal experience, my congregation couldn't retain elders due to a variety of issues. The ministerial servants were mostly lifers who had little desire to move up the corporate ladder. And the next generation of young JW boys had near zero interest in "reaching out" for anything other than an airsoft gun or an xbox controller.

I wonder what it would take to ditch the Ray Franz-era "elder arrangement" and return to the days of Rutherford and a lone company servant?

Snakes

That is nothing -- if you really wanted to scam some time, combine some solo field service with some multi-level-marketing business calls. Of course no one would do that, would they?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I think everyone's done that stuff snakes.

I remember working w/a teenager and saying.... "Let's just stand here for a minute. Don't ring the doorbell, if they come we'll KNOW the angels sent them. Far be it from us to show a lack of faith."

He thought that was cool.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

perhaps this scripture applies, too:— So if you focus only on money, your whole boldy will respond to it. Soon you'll become a financial machine, and your spiritual life will be ruined. — Matthew 6:23 [Jack J. Blanco's Clear Water paraphrase]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit