SHOULD JWS PLAY FOOTBALL?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Interesting quote Blondie, I don't remember that. We all used to watch all the college games on that day, and a whole bunch of us (elders included) got together every year for the super bowl.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Blondie that was a definite revelation to me. I have never heard any jw condemning the college bowl games or especially the superbowl football game. The superbowl was always a jw party time / get together.

This is a perfect example of "guidance" from the faithful and discreet slave that the majority of the flock has never read or know about.

• Open mind
    Open mind

There's an old Bethel joke that NFL stands for:

Not

For

Losch

Apparently GB member Losch thinks JWs shouldn't even WATCH American football due to its violence.

I hope he replaces Teddy as has a lot of pull.

om

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

We had one CO that loved football - always accepted a free ticket to a game.

Then the next CO gave talks about how no one should go to or watch the games.

Every 3 years, it's a new High Priest, with new rules.....

• cawshun
    cawshun

I think the WT need's to ban sports, all sports! My sil and daughter are both coaches, they love their job. If the WT bans sports again, that would be enough to make my family members leave the WT!

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• blondie
    blondie

I know of many jws, elders included, who had superbowl parties. Evidently, they didn't apply that tidbit to themselves or their friends. I actually saw few jws demonize sports probably because men tend to be in control of the jw rules. Now when it comes to required the wearing of pantyhose, that is different.

• fluke
    fluke

Midwich... Football as in 'American Football'...

They dont even use their feet... *sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit