going to the meeting this AM

by stillin 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

An interchange of heartfelt words of encouragement is such a wonderful gift from Jehovah, even if one's speech is only heard in song or as friendly chatter, whether at the KH or elsewhere. Such heartfelt song can be so moving, and uplifting.

By the way, I thought that paragraph 9 in today's watchtower study gives excellent food for thought, since we're all basically youths in Jehovah's eyes.

9 To help Timothy, Paul later reminded him: "God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind." (2 Timothy 1:7) "Soundness of mind" involves being able to think and reason sensibly. It includes the ability to face things as they are—not the way you would like them to be. Some immature youths manifest a spirit of cowardice and mentally try to escape stressful situations by resorting to excessive sleep or TV viewing, drug or alcohol abuse, constant partying, or sexual immorality. Christians are admonished "to repudiate ungodliness and worldly desires and to live with soundness of mind and righteousness and godly devotion amid this present system of things."—Titus 2:12.

The question for discussion of paragraph 9 is as follows:— What is soundness of mind, and how does it differ from a spirit of cowardice?

• stillin
    stillin

and It's TRUE. So many people keep thier lives churned up simply to avoid that moment of serious reflection...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Youths are immature and try to escape stressful situations? The hell you say! I could show you more than a dozen adults who do the same thing. Wait, it's HUMAN NATURE! I hear MJ in the back ground:)

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Which is why I wrote

By the way, I thought that paragraph 9 in today's watchtower study gives excellent food for thought, since we're all basically youths in Jehovah's eyes.

just before the quote

• White Dove
    White Dove

How patronizing! I'm a full grown adult, thank you very much.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

in Jehovah's eyes? in every way? I didn't think so, either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit