A Day With Betty

by sacolton 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

She doesn't sound bitter. She just knows the Watchtower is not God's organization. She may have regrets that they wasted so much time at Bethel.

Yeah, Penn Square should really be fun for Betty. I'll try to get some more photos.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Sac, for helping Betty and sending us text and photos of your wonderful time together.

I haven't seen Sister Dunlap in 37 years, and she doesn't seem that different to me [other than that she was blonde]. I didn't know her personally, but I recall her walking down the corridor briskly, adorned with her ever-present smile.

Brother Dunlap was my instructor when I was a newbie Bethelite. Learning 25 years after the fact about his ouster from Bethel, I have to say that the outrage I felt over the entire sordid affair was the tipping point for me. My earlier reading of Terry Walstrom's and Nils and Sherry Jansma's testimonies became the bedrock foundation for my current vision.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    CoCo said: Brother Dunlap was my instructor when I was a newbie Bethelite. Learning 25 years after the fact about his ouster from Bethel, I have to say that the outrage I felt over the entire sordid affair was the tipping point for me.

Wow, CoCo... that is cool to know. It is amazing, isn't it... how strongly we can be affected by those we love and admire... even if they are never aware of it themselves.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Dear Baba:

That's certainly a lesson to remember! We can affect others for good or for bad by the smallest word or deed.

I appreciate your good effect on our JWN brother- and sisterhood. !

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTW: I meant Bethelite newboy, FWIIWWAINWM.

CC

• thomas15
    thomas15

Great thread, good work sacolton. I salute you sir.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thank you very much Sacolton.

In a roundabout way, Ed and Betty helped me with my own exit and I owe them very much.

It is wonderful to be able to put a face to her name.

I would love to be able reach through my screen and give you a big hug Betty.

Chris

• sacolton
    sacolton

Remember to send cards and letters this week. She would love to hear from you. I'm send a card today with photos of our shopping trip.

She will be thrilled to get something in her mailbox!

Dorothy "Betty" Dunlap

Windsor Manor

4825 N.W. 23rd Street

Apartment #13

Oklahoma City, OK 73127

• Heaven
    Heaven

sacolton and awildflower ... I am still having trouble composing myself here ... this is such a wonderful thread! You are both truly loving and wonderful people for helping Betty out.

Thank you for the update. Both you, Shawn, and Betty look wonderful. You have awesome smiles. Great pics!!

It is when we help others that we truly feel fulfilled. To me, this is one of the important works spoken about in the Bible. And I bet you can 'feel' it too!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

bump,

getting a card out today and had to look up the address!!!!

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit