got out in service today

by stillin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

nobody came to the door. Maybe Holy Spirit was protecting them from me...

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'm glad your here stillin. This is the right place for you.

• cognac
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Were you doing the "fake knock"?

How was break?

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

from the way I see it he only made one door, so the break was great, as usual.

• stillin
    stillin

the "offer" is a direct presentation of a Bible study in the "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach book. How in the world could I follow through if somebody was begging for it??! I had one of the better brothers with me though, an elder who has been a real friend for many years , who isn't horribly deformed in his judgementalness.

They feel like I would "snap out" of my "slump" if I just did more of everything to "build myself up." I don't think that any of them has really empathised regarding my situation.

Besides, most people in the world really do have empty lives, and a little hope is good.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last time I was in field circus, I placed nothing in two hours. I can count the number of items I placed in 2005 (the last year to date I have even gone out) on the fingers of my left hand--either I went on others' calls, did dummy service, or dogged my own calls.

Under the force of a whole group of just plain men witlesses, however, I do not know how I would fare--some of them would knock so hard that the householders think there is a huge earthquake going on.

• Kudra
    Kudra

After I decided that the JWs were a crock, I used to have nightmares that I would be visiting home or visiting friends out of state and I'd end up in service with them- they did not know I didn't want to go and I was terrified to have to go to an actual door where I would have to speak against what I knew to be true!!

Arrgh!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I can totally understand your nightmares. I avoided visiting my JW extended family for years because of similar fears.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hey, I've got those fears, too. I'm afraid of what I'll say when in the company of my family. A visit is long overdue, but I wasn't 100% out during the last visit. I don't talk the JW talk, catchphrases and all. I'm afraid that I'd give myself away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit