Are Jehovah's Witnesses artificial people?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The 'act' is most assuredly why JW's can so easily shun their own children or parents or siblings. I have seen family members shun their own children to the extreme, based on WTS teachings and those parents absoulutely believe that following the WT is what they must do. Parents who do not attend weddings, do not phone and refuse visits from children, who cast their kids out at 18 because they aren't one of the WTS robots. I've heard those parents speak of their 'dead' children without one single emotion except to acknowledge that the child has died. I've then watched in amazement, as the same people upon hearing that one of their kids has been reinstated, suddenly light up and break down sobbing with joy. Those few words - disfellowship and reinstatement - are so ingrained as punishment vs reward to a JW that the brainwashing technique is perfected by the actions they denote.

I also know adult JW's who although they have faded, don't attend any meetings etc., still have not taken the time to really learn about the cult and understand why some words or actions trigger certain behaviors in them. Until they truly understand how and what impact their involvement has had on their development and until they truly become self aware, it is like watching a train wreck. sammieswife.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

You nailed it succinctly, Samielee.

Your observations are keen.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think they are artificial,

As a JW I was like a wind up toy, eaching meeting another turn on the crank.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

SammieLee, I think you have hit upon a point that is absolutely profound. They cannot dig deep inside themselves, because they are taught to FEAR themselves!!! They fear their own minds, they fear "lean(ing) upon (their) own understaning," they fear meditation, they desparately fear their own doubts and questions, they fear science, they fear art, they are in constant fear of anything and everything that is not spoon fed by the WTBTS.

As Scarred for Life said... they (we!) can be out for years and NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE ON SPIRITUALLY. That is the saddest part of all.

Whew. I have to digest this... this bit was another piece of my own personal puzzle.

Thank you.

Love,
    Baba.

Also, (completely different line of thought,) I wanted to tell Cameo that your description of the "artificial" house thing really creeped me out. I think you're onto something there.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Yes about as artificial as the religion itself, they are especially artificial when they are at the Kingdom Hall or when they are around elders or higher ups

as it were. The white sheet of righteousness does wonders in hiding oneself does it not.

To say they are is quite the understatement .

• fluke
    fluke

What I found was that the supposedly 'good' or 'christian' or 'spiritually active' people where infact the worst out of the lot, many elders or pioneers even those older ones who where tryin to keep goin...They had no time for anyone else...

But those people who didn't attend all the did what ministry they couldstruggle to make effort for and only answered one question... They where the decent folk, they'e have youover for dinner or ask you if you needed a lift.. Very nice and well spoken, plus they never spoje down to you, or made you feel uneasy...

Also too many of those in service, thought they where above rather than below...

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Are Jehovah's Witnesses artifical people?

I'd say yes, artifical like plastic - in the sensethat plastic is artificial in its hardened state.

But conversely plastic once it has undergone treatment by fire, which to me is the act of questioning and leaving the mold (casuing a disturbance) produces the plasticity or stretchiness that can take radical changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit