I wonder if this would work

by JWinprotest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Every situation is different, but once you've gotten past a certain point in your being inactive, they'll forget about you.

Going inactive is not grounds for DFing, so unless you put up holiday decorations or sit out in the yard and smoke or spread apostate messages, they can't go after you in a judicial way.

They can, and probably will, drop by for sheparding visits as you start to slip in meeting attendance and service time. But if you just nod your head and say 'thanks for your help' and go on about your business after they leave, they'll get tired of bugging you. Let's face it, most elders are too busy with their own lives, families and congregation duties to continue to harrass you about being inactive, not forgetting that some are just too damn lazy.

There are JWs in my neighborhood...I work with dubs...I have JW family. I've faded and it hasn't been a real problem. Oh, maybe once a year or so, an elder that I was friends with might drop by on a Saturday morning, but aside from that I've been pretty much forgotten.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Why bother with all that trouble? Just don't go anymore and if they ask tell them to mind their business. You are an adult you don't owe them any explanations.

nj

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Undercover, I think ultimately that will be the plan, I meant this as last resort if we get backed into a corner.

Do you have advise about what they can do to us as parents if my kids get spotted at school by other witness kids doing holiday things or perhaps even singing the national anthem?

• undercover
    undercover

I don't have kids so I've never had to face that situation. I guess it could cause some problems early on.

It's been my experience that once you've been out for awhile, even if they see you doing "questionable" things, you or the kids, they don't go after you, they just talk shit about you behind your back. I don't care about that...they can say what they want. The mumblings of cult indoctrinated people doesn't really affect me anymore.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Just fade, and if you're threatened with a jc or df'ing, use Doc Bob's letter to threaten legal action. He's very helpful. Here's his website: http://www.docbob.org/

• Diva
    Diva

I would just do a slow fade: -

Start by being regular meeting attendees, participating at the meetings and weekend field service.

After a few weeks, still attend meetings but leave early (after the first half). Every other weekend f/s.

After a couple of months: Miss meetings, attending only every other week and still leave early. Stop reporting hours in f/s

If people start questioning, say that you, your wife or kids are not feeling well.

A couple of months later: Miss all meeting - no field service.

Elders will start noticing - then say that you're feeling tired/stressed/depressed, struggling to cope with life, pressures of this system etc. You might get the odd shepherding call or visit but evenutally it would become to much of a hassle for them. They will reason 'well I called around and did my bit, so it's up to them now'.

A few months later - you are Inactive Publishers and successfully completed a slow fade.

If that fails - move out of the area!! That's what my we did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit