I wonder if this would work

by JWinprotest 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

My wife and I were discussing yesterday the pros and cons of fading vs disfellowshipping. My wife mentioned that it would be extremely difficult to fade because we live so close to everyone and with two small kids it would be difficult to avoid members of the cong or ignore them when they come to our door. So I came up with an idea and I wanted to run it by you first to see if it has been thought of before and if you think it can work.

Here it is. We start our fade. If the situation ever arises that the elders threaten to disfellowship us, we tell them that if they do, we will attend every single meeting from now on, come 10 minutes early and greet evryone that comes in through the doors of the auditorium. Our family (with 2 kids under 5) will sit in the first row right in front of the speaker and we will not leave if they start causing ruckess. I will feed them snacks throughout the entire meeting, maybe even bring the booster for the young one and feed her lunch, and bring toys that are not so quiet(maybe even a toy smurf if I can find one). I put up my hand at every question, then everyone will have to explain to their studies why I am being ignored.

Then at the end of each meeting I will go to the literature counter and ask the attendant in a loud voice,"are there any magazines in my folder? (say name of attendant). What do you mean I don't have a folder?". Then grap a stack of the old magazines on top of the counter that are brought back by those that could not place them. Maybe grap the whole stack. On the way out, again, we wave to everyone and say loudly, "see you at the next meeting".

We also show up for field service groups and we follow a car group to the territory. We start knocking on doors before they get to them and we warn householders what to expect and what they would be getting themselves into should they accept anything from the 2 people that are coming up the street. Maybe knock on the doors of their return visits after they're done and undo all the damage. At the end of the month we turn in a field service report and create a new column called "Converts Annulled".

I now what you're thinking, it sounds like a lot of work. But something tells me they wouldn't allow it to happen, I think they would just allow us to ride into the sunset and leave us alone. Of course they would probably tell everyone that I should be avoided anyway, but I really don't care as long as we can continue talking with our family. Any thoughts??

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

wHILE THEY CAN NOT STOP YOU FROM TRAILING THEM IN THE DOOR TO DOOR WORK THEY WOULD CALL THE POLICE TO HAVE YOU REMOVED FROM THE MEETINGS- WITH THE CLAIM OF NUISANCE. YOUR ATTEMPTING TO TALK TO OTHER JWS WOULD BE MAKING THEM BREAK A TENET OF THEIR FAITH.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

You really think they have grounds to call the police. That's what my wife said as well. Ok so scatch off greeting everyone, maybe I just greet studies, and add going to assemblies, standing by the pool, and everytime someone gets dunked, start crying and say, "oh God, not another one!!Why!!!Why!!!!"

• sir82
    sir82

Kingdom Halls are private property. If you disturb the meetings and/or congregation members, they will call the police and force you to leave. If you persist, they will get a restraining order.

Your plan does nothing to the Witnesses except feed their "persecution complex" and reinforce their belief that they are right after all. "Look at all the persecution we are enduring - just like Jesus said!"

And of course you will have all sorts of legal headaches, including arrest and a police record if you persist.

Nice try though.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    You really think they have grounds to call the police.

If you're causing a disturbance while the meeting is going on, then yes.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Your plan does nothing to the Witnesses except feed their "persecution complex" and reinforce their belief that they are right after all.

Not to mention, reinforce their negative view of apostates.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Just for the record, the assembly comment was a joke.

• sir82
    sir82

Assembly Halls are private property as well and they can bar your entrance with the help of police.

District Convention sites are generally open to teh public, but if you cause a disturbance I'm 99.9% sure the police would take the side of the "law-abiding peaceful folks holding their assembly" over the side of the "ranting & raving apostate", and have you removed for causing a disturbance.

A life well lived in peace and happiness is the best revenge, IMHO.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Your plan does nothing to the Witnesses except feed their "persecution complex" and reinforce their belief that they are right after all. "Look at all the persecution we are enduring - just like Jesus said!"

My hope was that they just leave me alone to avoid going through this as well, I don't think I would care enough to actually go through with it.

• DT
    DT

I think threats could work. You just might want to think of better threats. Legal threats can be very persuasive. Someone wrote a letter that is well worded for dealing with the possibility of a judicial committee. Maybe someone has the link. You can also threaten to wave a sign at every meeting advertising a critical website. Just make sure that you aren't on their property and not breaking any other laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit