No Resurrection for Fluffy!

by cameo-d 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

One of the meanest stories put forth by WatchTower psychos is telling children that their beloved pets will never come back resurrected.

Not only must the child deal with the trauma of confronting death, the grief of losing a love, and the inability to reason why this happens.... but adults offer no real words of comfort and instead cause more psychological trauma by telling the kid that they can have a pet lion instead.

Poor kid doesn't want a pet lion. He wants Fluffy back.

What kind of psych-ops crap is this?

Why hurt a child even more with stories of hopelessness?

This is deliberate hatefulness, don't you think?

Is this a tactic to manipulate children to be estranged from human emotions?

Is this an attempt to teach them not to become "too involved" in caring about animals or other people?

Is this why they grow up with the ability to turn off their love and feelings when they are told to shun someone?

What brought this to mind was reading a story about ancient civilizations that did teach resurrection of animals. Whether one believes it or not, the thought can be some comfort for a grieving child. Why do JWs deny their children comfort in grieving for a deceased pet?

quote:

Archaeologists in Peru have uncovered the mummified remains of more than 40 dogs buried with blankets and food ...

treatment in death indicated the belief that the animals had an afterlife. Such a status for pets has only previously been seen in ancient Egypt.’ In fact the Aztecs and other peoples from pre-Hispanic Mexico believed very much in an afterlife for dogs...

• Apostapler
    Apostapler

I hope dogs get an endless pile of pig ear chewies in heaven.

• stillin
    stillin

what I've never understood is why animals die (Adamic death?) in the first place. It doesn't fit the format.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's dead for goodness sake.

Chester the Chicken is now dinner. You shouldn't have named him. He isn't coming back after you have eaten him......and he was starting to crow at 5 o'clock in the bloody morning.

Pets die. Get new ones. New ones are fluffier anyway.

Go ahead and call me a heartless bastard for not lying to my kids. I don't mind. I see nothing wrong with reality.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Does this pet chicken get resurrected as one chicken, or two?

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Is this an attempt to teach them not to become "too involved" in caring about animals or other people?

Is this why they grow up with the ability to turn off their love and feelings when they are told to shun someone?

Cameo-d,

It maybe a trick from the GB, but I don't think the parents want to traumatise their children on purpose...

Most JW's are just as naive as their children.

• wobble
    wobble

A friend of ours asked a Witness lady this when she called on them,(they had just lost their beloved dog),she said she would go away and research as she wasn't sure if doggy would live again. She returned and told them,no,they would never see their dog again !

They decided then that they did not like JW's or their teachings, a lucky escape !

typical hardassed attitude from the "sister", imagine going back to tell them that !

love

Wobble

• sir82
    sir82

The JWs are masters at scriptural manipulation, but I think even they would have a hard time finding anything in the Bible that even remotely suggested some sort of resurrection for animals!

Just think if all the dead cockroaches got resurrected! Icck.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The Bible was written by dominionists. So was wt litteratrash.

• John Doe
    John Doe

One of the meanest stories put forth by WatchTower psychos is telling children that their beloved pets will never come back resurrected.

No one comes back resurrected. Regardless of our emotions, reality is immutable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit