taking good advice and sharing about myself(a little)

by freedomisntfree 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

Im 20 from a family of both sides 3rd gen Jdubs and ive been generally inactive minus assemblies memorials and the occasional meeting for 3 years.I dont what all im supposed to include in here....I left becuase:(not in order of importance)

1)I felt and feel personally failed by the organization by allowing my siblings and cousins as well as many friends and there mothers over the years be sexually abused and mistreated.

2)To much conjecture and flip flopping the "nobodys perfect" exscuse wasnt cutting it anymore

3)I want to help people in a real and unconditional way not just for the purpose of converting them

4)I can read above a 5th grade level and therefore outgrew the jw publications that are being put out these days

ah theres a lot more but i just wanted to come on here for some support im moving soon and attempting to cut most of my witness ties.I feel unprepared to survive without community looking for some understanding and insight

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You can establish and maintain some support from the forums. Just gotta take time to recognize who really cares and who is helpful and who to be careful about listening to because of that chip on their shoulder or because of their still being captive to WT concepts.

1) That's huge.

3) That's wonderful.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! Please check your pm's. Click on the envelope in the upper right hand corner.

• oompa
    oompa

congrats! and welcome....you can find friends here and hopefully some may be in your area......how have you done so far making non-jw or former jw friends?.......i hope school will help........i would so love to have walked at 17!!!!............oompa

and i understand whay you give up.....i am fourth gen

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome freedom!!! But I disagree already FREEDOMISFREEIt is so good to see you have escaped the clutches of the WT
    Pull up a chair & join us in the "LOVEBOAT"

Granny on board

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome, freedomisntfree! At 20, you're young to have all that worked out so congratulations.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

penny

• beksbks
    beksbks

Mouthy, you rock woman!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi freedom

welcome to jwn

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

It doesnt feel free with my family mouthy but thanks for the support.

Oompa-I ve made a few good friends who are non jw. Some of my best friends are in an inbetween place some believe and beat themselves up becuase they cant live the lifestyle and others are so angry and jaded becuase of their experinces theyve lost all faith in anything.Its a sad state of affairs and the whole jw issue strains our friendships.

to all: I am looking for anyone from this board who lives on vancouver island let me know

• beksbks
    beksbks

Freedom,

I was 3rd generation. I left the dubs at 18, but I still believed. Within a few years, I had lived enough real life to know it was all just a man made organization trying to control others and thereby have power (not to mention cash). That was................a long time ago. I'm happy as I can be, and have a whole big family who has either left the dubs also, or were never in. My own beautiful children never knew a day of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit