What religion do X-JWs belong to now?

by jonathan dough 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I get the feeling many x-jws are floating about aimlessly and don't join Christendom, still living with the JW indoctrinated belief that they are all the work of the Devil. Does that make sense? Are they supposed to sit around in small groups in their living rooms reading Scripture like Ray Franz recommended in Crisis of Conscience? Do they seek to form their own new religion?

This is the way I see it: The harvest was to be great, it has been ongoing since at least Christ's first appearance. The kingdom began as a metaphoric seed and grows into a large bush or tree before the end times which are upon us, to be fully realized ultimately after the end times. Where is this bush or tree? It can't be the JWs, we can prove that 100%, but what does that leave us with? It has to be the Catholics, and/or Orthodox and/or any one of many Reformed Protestant denominations. And if that is true, then the Trinity must be true as it sits at the core of those faiths. Where is the true Christian church?

JD II

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Where is the true Christian church?

Here, there, everywhere there are followers of Jesus of Nazareth.

Sylvia

• VIII
    VIII

I get the feeling many x-jws are floating about aimlessly and don't join Christendom, still living with the JW indoctrinated belief that they are all the work of the Devil. Does that make sense?

No.

Please explain Christendom. I'd like your take on it.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

I haven't joined a new religion because they're all full of copious amounts of bullshit.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

One does not need religion and/or God to fill some need or void, or find purpose in one's life. Religion is a crutch.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Jonathan dough, ex JWs belong to one of two categories. Either they're still believers at heart but can't stand the organization or they subscribe to the wide range of beliefs you"ll find outside the witnesses (that is a miscellaneous category).

You will find, amongst the rest of the ex-witnesses, Atheists, Agnostics, Deists, non-biblical Theists, mystics, Evangelicals, etc.

It seems, by the metaphor you used that you still think in terms of "the ORGANIZATION" which all witnesses do. A great harvest though does not imply a great hierarchical organization. A christian would tell you that christianity is not about where you go to but whom you go to. The true Church would not be bound up by any walls. But that is if you wish to remain christian. As an atheist myself I can give you no such advice except to say that humanity needs to be united by a nontheistic religion and code of ethics. We're not ready for that though.

So in any case I wish you the best in your journey and welcome you to this forum.

villabolo

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I'm now a 1,000,000% ATHEIST!

God is not great, 'He' is but a delusion, praise the orbiting teapot!

Amen

• RR
    RR

"Religion is a snare and a racket!" - Judge Rutherford

• RR
    RR

I still believe ... I am a Christian. Just don't believe in organizaed religion.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sheesh! I figured out that the bible was written by primitive, ignorant, superstitious Middle Eastern nomadic males while I was still a child IN [well, being beaten into...] the JW's/Christianity/Christendom...

Then, when I found out that it was one of the YOUNGEST religions in existence on the planet - boy, did I ever feel foolish for EVER having gone along with that idiocy...

But, I'd been a closet PAGAN all along, in spite of the beatings. With an underlying foundation of atheism, actually...

So, I'm an atheist with a superficial belief in pagan Goddesses - as a healing salve for having been in a misogynistic Middle Eastern male-dominated religion for so long. One of the most recently-evolved versions of a Middle Eastern male-dominated religion, too...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit