I've noticed something different at this years district convention

by JWinprotest 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Not sure if this was the case elsewhere, but I noticed that the contribution boxes with the people attending them stayed out in the hall ways throughout the entire session. They used to be set up only before and after sessions and during lunch......times are tough!!

• imperialspy
    imperialspy

those attending the boxes would probably be asked to go to another ass.embly so that they could hear what they missed, thereby enabling them to contribute even more to the WT$. bunch of robbers!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

This year you can also go into debt by contributing via Credit Card!

om

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Wow, contributing using a credit card is a new one. They really want to make it easy to give them money.

How did you know about this? Was an announcement made from the platform or did you just accidently notice this?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

They were always kept out in NYC.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Just happened to notice. I have a 2 year old so I spent a lot of time in the halls.

LOL on the credit card comment....I just had a visual of the ladies swiping your card and putting the slip in the box.

• oompa
    oompa

desperate for attendants too....dont have to be a mini-serv anymore....just a warm body with male appendage..........oompa

whoda thunk it....that is desperate

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

oompa that answered our question. My wife and I were wondering when they had made a brother in our cong a MS because we saw him as an attendant at the convention......but I guess their standards are going down.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

So you used to have to be a MS (is that ministerial servant) to be an attendant.....wow, just wow

• blondie
    blondie

I did know that in some assembly halls they had ATMs. The congregation I was last in has 5 elders, 7 ex-elders, and 2 MS, with 100 publishers........the problem falls into 3 areas generally, young male jws not staying and getting baptized, baptized male jws not "reaching out" on purpose, and elders stepping down adamant not to "step up" again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit