As of July 1st No more reimbursements directly to CO's etc. from congregations.

by cattails 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zarco
    zarco

Farkel,

That is how I see it. If the "Spain Method" spreads to other countries, the Branch will indeed bill the local congregations for social security or similar tax. Nothing like getting an invoice for something you wish you didnt buy.

Zarco

• Incognito
    Incognito

cattails said:

the CO will send his amount for expenses to the Branch and then the Branch will bill the congregations.

Sounds to me like an accounting expense to the branch. Maybe this expense will be marked-up and will provide some 'non-profit' revenue to the branch.

I also wonder if the Society will establish a fixed cost per Publisher for CO overhead, much like the cost per publisher to use an assembly hall.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Hi Blondie,

Here in Canada, they haven't been including the monthly account reports in the local announcements since the switch in January. Our congregation (the title holding one) has both the monthly congregation report and the joint maintenance account report on the backboard available for any to see. The accounts servant also has to give photocopies of the records for the joint account to the other two congregations sharing the KH.

Also here in Canada, there's no more resolution passed to cover the CO's expenses. Its ideally supposed to be that the CO presents the expenses on the Sunday and the cheque-book should be ready to make out the cheque before he leaves.

Killer expenses are the gas which always boggles me how they seem to have to fill completely empty tanks twice in that week with us, despite always seeming to go with the publishers' cars for service. Their bloody circuit apartment not being more than 3/4 the way of my commute to work. If I can stretch one full tank two weeks , driving a 3.8L big car something stinks. Then I gotta love some of their other expenses, like fish and name brand vitamins....hell they're eating for free with publishers during the month. Just ignore me, had to get that off my chest from the days I had to be the accounts servant.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The monthly accounts report should be posted on the board, it should also be read out once per month during the "Service" Meeting. The CO's expenses are not put forward for resolution as they are always on or under £100 (UK). Anything over that needs to go to the congregation.

In days gone by you'd hear a resolution for the CO's expenses, however what wasn't announced was that the CO already had the money.

• sir82
    sir82
    The monthly accounts report should be posted on the board, it should also be read out once per month during the "Service" Meeting.

As of January 2009 the report is no longer read to the congregation.

• yknot
    yknot

Well..... I think we may have found the 'silver lining' of Spain that might help off-set the 3% loss of RBC projects!

• BroGone
    BroGone

Thanks BluesBrother. I've been a lurker for years.

• blondie
    blondie

I do know that in my old congregations that the money was not in the hand of the CO until after the resolution was passed. My husband was the accounts servant and did not write the check until then. It only shows how congregations differ in their application of the "rules."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit