The Birds

by cameo-d 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Messages in the Durer Painting of Emperor Maximilian I

Does this appear to be the same image of the necklace surrounding the double headed eagle in the Durer painting above?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Golden_Fleece_dsc02934.jpg

The Order of the Golden Fleece. Founded by Philip III the Good, Duke of Bergundy, in 1430 at Bruges in Flanders. Composed of a Grand Duke and twenty three knights, (though the number was later increased to fifty one), the Order set
    out to defend the Roman Catholic religion and the codes of chivalry, settling any disputes that arose between the knights.

the Order took as its symbol a golden fleece. This may refer to the great wealth obtained from the wool trade, or it may indicated a connection with Jason, himself a symbol for the archangel Gideon,
    http://www.pewterreplicas.co.uk/order%20of%20the%20golden%20fleece.htm

-------------

JASON Society

"The JASON Group is a scientific organization formed and hired by the JASON Society and the U.S. Government Founders of the JASON Group include members of the famous Manhattan Project, which brought together almost every leading physicist in the nation to build the atomic bomb during World War II. The group is made up mostly of theoretical physicists and is the most elite gathering of scientific minds in the United States. As of 1987 the membership included four Nobel Prize winners. Today JASON continues to offer scientific help the government cannot find anywhere else. They are probably the only group of scientists in the United States that know the true state of highest technology."

-------------

Working completely behind the scenes, JASON has guided the nation's most important security decisions. These include, but are not limited to, Star Wars, Submarine Warfare, and predictions about the greenhouse effect.

In the documents that I read while with Naval Intelligence the JASONS predicted that the greenhouse effect would lead ultimately to an ICE AGE.

According to the Pentagon, the JASONS hold the highest and most restrictive security clearances in the nation.

The only other reference to the JASON group that I have been able to find is in the Pentagon Papers.

No leaks have ever occurred from with in JASON. JASON is administered by the Mitre Corporation Government contracts allotted to the Mitre Corporation are in reality allotted to the JASON scientist. This is done so that the name JASON does not ever appear in documents which may come under public scrutiny.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/fatfreddy/secret3.html

---------------------------

IN our work to discover the history of the Golden Fleece we have been fortunate to identify some with their original owners, most noteworthy the Schwarzenbergs and the King of Bavaria. Now we have another, far older and rarer, fleece whose discovery reads like a treasure hunt adventure...

http://www.antiquesatoz.com/sgfleece/thedingfleece.htm

Pomegranate

Today in the Israel Museum Jerusalem, you can see the ivory pomegranate Ron turned over to the IAA after bringing it out of the tunnel system that led to the cave that houses the Ark of the Covenant. It is said to be the only item ever found from Solomon's temple, in the first temple period. It is a thumb-sized pomegranate believed to be used by the Temple priests during one of their ceremonies. Around the shoulder of the pomegranate is a carefully incised inscription in early Hebrew characters, part of which is broken off, and reads: "qodes kohanim I-beyt [yahwe]h" or "Sacred donation for the priests of (in) the House of [Yahwe]h." "House of Yahweh" most probably refers to the Temple in Jerusalem. It has a hollow cavity in the base for mounting on a rod or shaft. The pomegranate was a favorite motif in the Temple of Solomon. http://www.arkdiscovery.com/aoc-2.htm

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The double-headed bird motif is commonly seen in textiles from many Mayan villages. It is a fine example of the intertwining of Spanish and pre-Columbian beliefs in modern weaving.

In the 16th century the double-headed bird motif was conferred by the Spanish crown upon the Nijaib Quiche as the insignia of their royal lineage, even though a similar motif had been used by Mayan weavers in pre-Columbian times.

The double-headed eagle was also the emblem of the Spanish king, Charles V. Today, textile interpretations of this symbol reflect it's Spanish origin, but also include elements of the explicitly Mayan experience and belief system.

An Indian man from San Juan Sacatepequez once identified this type of bird as a sign of noble rank in his village and as the great God who has 2 faces.

A myth from Santo Tomas Chichicastenango names the double-headed bird as "Glavicote." There were thought to have been many of these birds when the Earth was first made. They were helpful for consuming dead animals, but feared as a threat to children and domestic animals.

With the discovery of the blowgun the people were able to kill all of the Glavicotes.

The Popul Vuh gives this supernatural bird the name of Xecotcovach, and tells a similar story. This tale is a fine example of the complex and many ways which native and Spanish colonial interpretations have become intertwined, changed and passed on. Today most of the origins and symbolism have been forgotten, although descriptive names are often applied to particular motifs.

http://www.littlemangoimports.com/newsletters/newsletter/2228792/58580.htm

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Is anyone interested in helping to trace the ancestry of this bird icon?

• neezy
    neezy

hi cameo-d,

i saw that you've done a great job putting all that information up together! it's fascinating to find all these elements of the 2 headed bird across various cultures. something that has caught my attention the most is about the devil bird of sri-lanka. i have found some content through-out my brief researches, if you're still interested in the matter, please let me know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit