...People who "Pretend to be Jehovah`s Witness`s"...

by OUTLAW 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Open Mind..I totally understand..I`ve done it myself on occassion..LOL!!

I lost Mutley when I changed to Vista..He`s probably at a Bar,shooting 8 Ball and smoking a Cuban..

...........LOL!!...OUTLAW

• sir82
    sir82

Used to run into such people all the time while in field service, maybe 10-15 years ago in a different congregation.

They'd say "Oh I'm a Witness too!"...then upon talking with them, you discover they haven't set foot in a Kingdom Hall for at least 30 years.

They faded before fading was cool!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My wife met somebody at the door once who said she was a JW. We gathered that she must have studied with a JW years ago and simply made the choice to call herself one because she related to it more than anything else.

In this case, the person simply didn't understand the high levels of commitment necessary for being considered a JW, within the JW organization itself. Not a shocking revelation.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've known several individuals who attend all meetings, conventions, even do FS, but never make the dedication/commitment to WT.

One man stands at the crossroads early in the am offering the latest publications, but other JW's completely ignore him.

Another family has a total of about 9 daughters who have never taken the plunge, yet think of themselves as JW's. I think it's just something to break the monotony in their lives.

LOL

Sylvia

• Mary
    Mary

OUTLAW said: Violia..Our own "Gumby" went back,so he could be with his Family and Grandchildren..He still comes back and says Hi from time to time.. "Gumby" is still well loved on JWN..

Yep....the difference between someone like Gumby and Reniaa others who pretend to be a JW is that he doesn't go around judging people, or trying to promote the Borg and their whacked-out beliefs when they're clearly unscriptural. Actually, I remember Gumby telling me about a year ago that he's made some pretty uh, 'borderline' comments at the Craptower study that has raised the hackles of many. He's been able to talk to some Dubs about some of the doctrines and surprisingly, alot of them concur that it "doesn't make sense".

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Anyone who pretends to be a JW is aiming pretty low, lol.

• meangirl
    meangirl

I understand your question. I know exactly what your talking about. I have an interesting perspective on this as I was not raised a JW but it was forced upon me when I was 13 (lucky me). Of course my mom took it very seriously and we were forced to be perfect little witnesses. We followed what the society said to a "T". I was forced to quit school activites, couldn't go to dances, had to stop hanging out with "wordly friends" but the more I became friends with other witnesses I saw they were doing things that had just been forcefully ripped away from me. They hung out with worldy people, were involved in school, heck I had one girl who said "let's go to the class Christmas party" and we did!!! She was "raised" in the truth and at the KH gave comments, was active out in service yet here I was with her in school at a Christmas party????? Also over the years, I saw that for the majority of people it was just a social thing. They knew for them to still be "socially acceptable" they had to "play the game" and so they did token service, showed up for some meetings, and they were still "good association" yet they clearly were living a double life. This was hard for me because being a witness was something I took very seriously (not any more!!!) and I just didn't get the whole be one way in front of people at the hall and then do your own thing when it really comes down to it. It truly boggled my mind but now that I am at the point I am in my life I see why people are like this. As someone mentioned they are almost forced to be that way.

• undercover
    undercover

Every congregation I was in had a few people who would fall in the category of "pretend" dubs. They made most meetings, assemblies, the Memorial. They made it to the picnics and other larger gatherings. But they never went in service, they never joined the Ministry School, some of them never got baptized.

It was as if they enjoyed the atmosphere of the Kingdom Hall and the scene there. It couldn't have been the social aspect because as we all know, the congregations are very cliquesh. Fringe members are usually not invited to the "popular" dub gatherings. Large gatherings, like the old school picnics were one thing...the cookout at the PO's house was another. They never knew anyone well enough to get invited to weddings. So, it had to be an attraction to the Kingdom Hall and the sense of belonging to something bigger than themselves, though if they had taken the time to really study up on what it takes to be thoroughly integrated, they'd realize that they really didn't belong.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One guy I knew attended all of the meetings with his Mrs,a JW......That was it,nothing more..

He owned a garage,all the Dubs took thier vehicles there..One day my car was acting strangley..So I brought it to him..A few hundred dollars later he fixed it..LOL!!..

I went to drive it away..It still had the same problem..I went inside the garage and brought him out to the car..He tightened a battery clamp and the car worked perfectly..

The Bastard could have done that to begin with,I never got my money back..

......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit