Since leaving the witnesses....

by LouBelle 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My life has been an absolute joy. I didn't realise how unhappy I was and how much tension, angst and animosity I actually carried around with me when in that faith - it was always us against them, with regards to everything. I wasn't allowed to just be myself, to be free to express myself - and by that I don't mean being sexually immoral, drinking and passing out...I just mean plain and simple me laughing, joking, sleeping in, playing sports, healty compition, buy a gift for my mother on mothers' day, celebrating a birthday of someone I love (all those beautiful little things that make a person unique you know).

My life now is free, happy, mostly full of joy and peace. I'm more compassionate towards strangers and truly have a love for my fellow man that I did not have as a witnesses. I'm healthier, stronger and just a much better person for it.

• jakes
    jakes

I echo the very same sentiments Loubelle!

I am a much happier person now!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Same here!

Thanks for reminding us, Lou Lou.

Sylvia

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Amen!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm more compassionate towards strangers and truly have a love for my fellow man that I did not have as a witnesses.

I am not sure I understand why witnesses do not have love for their fellow man when this is right in the Bible. It boggles my mind. This was just one more thing that made me realize this organization wasn't for me... that their beliefs did not follow the Bible.

Another issue I have to work on every day is judging people. I was taught to do this and I am now, really trying not to. It is so hard sometimes. But it is getting better each day. As I have said on another thread a little while ago... I believe life is a journey moving from expecting the impossibility of rigid perfection into the softness and comfort of understanding and love.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh LouBelle I agree with you .

I am so much happier now than I ever was as a witness . It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my life . I also agree it is not about the freedom to do anything immoral it is just the freedom to express my true self and be who I really am than some preconcieved idea of a perfect witness some old men in NY think we should be .

For years I battled with an internal war because my conscience was trying to tell me something different than what was expected by witness beliefs . That made me question myself and had me thinking I must be a weak Christian because I didn't always agree with Watchtower logic . Now I don't have that struggle anymore I am at peace inside my own skin , finally .

• mouthy
    mouthy

Isnt that the truth..!!Freedom from mans rules.,

Yes I agree with you LOU!!!! "We are the world"
    to the JWS & I am SO happy I am out of bondage in the WT.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I realize now that the witlesses had rules that mandated doing what was bad for yourself and society. No college. No dating. No after-school activities. No holidays or birthdays. No playing with other children. Wasting your time in field circus every vacation, weekend, and evening. Staying up way past bedtime for a stupid boasting session, at that on the most popular test night. Wasting your money on ever-changing rules, suit dry cleanings, and gas (or donations for gas). Every minute I was out in field circus, I was destroying value (not just wasting it--every time someone stopped what they were doing to answer the door, it wasted their time, hence destroying value).

Without this value destroying mess of rules, I have that much less to worry about. True, leaving the witlesses hasn't totally solved my problems, and they would like nothing more than to recapture me (as a single "brother" with no opportunities), and all the more so once they see that article about recruiting men in the August 2009 Kingdumb Misery). But I can go through a Christmas event that includes Christmas music or this Michael Jackson fever without cringing on the music, I no longer worry about bad songs, and I no longer worry about getting any field circus or attending the boasting sessions.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

I am just starting my life outside but I agree with you when you said

My life now is free, happy, mostly full of joy and peace. I'm more compassionate towards strangers and truly have a love for my fellow man that I did not have as a witnesses. I'm healthier, stronger and just a much better person for it.

Well I agreed with it all. It is just so hard to leave the brain washing that we have went through.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Amen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit