What do you know about Unitarian Universalist?

by Eyebrow 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Personally I have been many times to our local UU church. Mostly in the audience are professors from our local university. Very involved in environmental issues, politcal issues, community concerns. Every Sunday they begin with different traditions from every type of religion you can think of. Our local UU church uses alot of Native American rituals. I have learned traditions from the Budhist, Hindu, Native, Jewish religions. I love it...they totally believe that you can believe in anything that you want to, and it is ok. We also have attending many same sex couples. They marry them in the church, whether it is acknowledged by state law or not.

For the children they have local nature walks, teach them tolerance of all. If my children were still young that is the religion that I would take them to. My children have all told me that if they have children someday that the UU church is where they will attend so that their children will learn it is ok to love without conditions.

Leslie

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

my experience of the UU was a church for agnostics---it functions like a protestant church but without any set orthodox beliefs. more like a social club for those who dont know THE TRUTH and dont believe any particular group does either...and come to gether to share a sort of vague spiritual hunger and a communal feeding of the same. they had a paid clergyman who from what I could tell was an atheist at the UU I attended. I stopped going principly because it was on the other side of town and seemed to much like a business for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit