A question for guys

by keyser soze 27 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I don't much care for a stranger trying to engage in small chit-chat while at the urinal but if it's someone I know, it's no big deal.

This thread reminds me of a seedy little music venue that I used to go to. There were big bathrooms on the same level with the concert-goers. The men's room was just a trough where you had to squeeze in elbow to elbow. But in another section, where the musicians, crew and employees usually went, but not off limits to clients were two single holers. One for men, one for women. The door to the men's room was broken...it wouldn't close. The problem was that it was open to a common area where groupies and crew hung out. You just kinda had to turn at an angle to get some privacy while going. More than once, girls would come in and strike up a conversation while I was taking care of business. The first couple of times it disrupted things, but after awhile I got used to having visitors while using that open toilet.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's why I talk to my penis while pissing.

Anyhow....when I have my penis in my hand I don't feel like having a conversation with a stranger....that is sooo gay!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

It is a violation of the guy code to talk while at the urinal. Any recognition that a person is even standing beside you is pretty much off line!

Conversation can begin or even resume once the zipper is pulled back up.

Conversation while washing one's hands (yes guys do that once in a while) and someone is using the urinal is in the grey area but would not be met with the same scorn as doing so while standing side by side or even while in stalls.

• Scully
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

The video Scully posted reminded of something that's almost as bad.

Why is it some guys have to pick the urinal right next to you when every other one is empty?! Wrong Wrong Wrong

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Two occasions where it doesn't bother me too much:

#1 A friend or coworker at work.

#2 Intoxicated at a bar. Usually the other fellow is in the warm buzzy friendly glow too, and makes some comment about beer only being a rental or cracks a joke.

I don't start conversations myself.

Why is it some guys have to pick the urinal right next to you when every other one is empty?! Wrong Wrong Wrong

Oh God yes. I hate that, gives me the creeps.

BTS

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It doesn't bother me. I don't initiate conversation with strangers in the John. But if I'm spoken to, I'll respond.

I was in Bethel long enough that the public bathroom was just another room.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't talk to strangers in restrooms.

This thread reminded me of going to sporting events at the old Los Angeles Forum. They had those big troughs and between periods you would be lined up shoulder to shoulder peeing and there were about five or ten people waiting in lines behind each person peeing. They used to refer to it as pressure peeing.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

As long as they keep their hands to themselves, everything's OK.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

What I hate is the guy in the stall next to mine, tapping his foot...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit