Field Service Break stories

by lancelink 15 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Me: Would you like to live in a world like this? (And I would open the new world tract.) Say yes.

lol, I was evidently afraid the householder would say no and then I wouldn't no what to say so I told them to say yes, lol...

yes, you must have been an adorable kid.

i don't think I could have said no to that...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I used to LOVE going out in field service!!!

Oh you're weird!

J/k. There are some personality types that are naturals, that'll thrive in FS. My type doesn't. I can honestly say, FS has always been stressful from childhood days. When I was an adult and reg. aux. pioneering, the best bits were the coffee breaks/socializing and the very rare stimulating, friendly conversation with a householder. The rest was misery.

• cognac
    cognac

aspere -awww, thanks!!!

AnnO - Yup, once when I was little my mom left without me to go out in service. I cried all morning...

• Gram
    Gram

Back in "my" day, we NEVER had breaks. Two solid hours from 10a.m. - 12:00.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

AnnO - Yup, once when I was little my mom left without me to go out in service. I cried all morning...

I have a five year old who I bet would love to go in service. her favorite thing in the world is talking to people. If we go to the zoo, she glances at the animals and then strikes up a conversation with the nearest stranger. If we go to a park or anywhere that would normally interest kids, she is only focused on talking to new people.

It sounds like you were just like my daughter, she amazes me, her father and I are rather shy people.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Taquitos at Foster's Freeze at 10:30 am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit