Michael Jackson cries after celebrating first christmas

by shopaholic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I know you all are tired of hearing about Michael Jackson but after seeing this video, I was reminded of the guilt that lingers after the leaving the JW religion. As I understand it, his primary reason for leaving was because LaToya was DF'd and he didn't like having to chose between religion and family. Sounds familiar?

This clip shows a side of him that we rarely saw...its from a FOX special that showed a collection of his home movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuN_q0X88c

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow. He was lucky to have liz as a friend.

S

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

It's sad how much baggage a former JW will always carry. This video was made about 15 years ago. Has the borg let up about the holidays or, are they still considered taboo? I have been away for a lot of years.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Wow, that was so cool.

I think they have never let up about holidays, especially Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays.

It was awesome to see the kids playing with their super soaker with their dad.

Can someone make a transcript of what MJ is saying other than what Liz has been subtitled?

I'm deaf as some of you know.

Yiz

• outofservice
    outofservice

So sad the amount of guilt, we all have it. I worry that his children will now be denied the holidays that they had enjoyed with there father.No win situation for the kids.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Neverland Ranch, MJ, Christmas, Liz.

I've never done LSD but I picture it being like this. Liz knocking door "Michael!" the ghost of Christmas past is here. Along with some creepy xmas music and some human sized nut crackers.

• Mary
    Mary
    This video was made about 15 years ago. Has the borg let up about the holidays or, are they still considered taboo?

You've got 3 guesses and the first two don't count.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey whatever the guy was, or wasn't, in this life, he does share something we've all been through once we have celebrated a holdiay -- the thrill of excitement mixed with a dash of guilt and wrapped around a sense of wonder about this whole new experience.

Personally Christmas is my favourite. I love watching the kiddos coming downstairs and the rest of the family opening their pressies. Way way cool.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wow.

BTS

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Thats a nice clip of him, one of the few where he seems like a real person, not like he's not acting or reading from a script. And the fact that he felt guilty about it, I think we can all relate to that.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit