I hate District Convention time

by digderidoo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I had to pick my daughter up from my mothers yesterday after going to the District Convention. I hate having to listen to how my mother has bumped into so and so and they've been asking about me.

She bumped into some of my ex's family who stopped and chatted. So two faced all of them.

It kind of gets my back up and i can feel anger coming up when i hear people who i used to respect asking after me, then if i were to walk past them in the street i know most of them would try to avoid me.

To top it all my mother has been dropping hints as to whether i will go with her. I think it's because i went to one day last year for the first time in about 10 years. I have repeatedly told her i am not going, then as i walked out of the house she says i have got you a car park ticket just in case youn wanted to go on Sunday. What cheek, she has actually ordered me a car park ticket after all the times i have said that i am definately not going.

Sometimes i just wished i was df'ed or da'ed, but that would create more problems i guess.

Paul

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I know. I know. My parents bugged us this weekend to attend "at least the drama". They said if that didn't move us, nothing ever will. It makes you feel as if you have been this wretched disappointment to them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank goodness my parents don't ask anymore.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

While I realize it must be tough, please know that is also very difficult to be shunned by your family. Other than obtaining medical information from my mom a few times, she hasn't spoken to me in 21 years.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

While I realize it must be tough, please know that is also very difficult to be shunned by your family. Other than obtaining medical information from my mom a few times, she hasn't spoken to me in 21 years.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I plan on skipping it--again. That is, unless they tie me to a board and carry the whole thing in.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Did you daughter go with your mom to the DC?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

try handling kids, my dc experience is awful. we (family) probably hear 10 minutes worth during the whole 3 days

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

I feel you. My dad has been bugging me about going to American Sign Language (ASL) DC here in Florida. He is in the ASL drama so he wanted me to see it. Really, I don't want to go at all but I do want to see my dad in drama. Since he is my dad, I'm his #1 fan, no doubt about it. I think I might be going there on Sunday afternoon just to watch the drama then get out of there. I know I won't be able to survive 3 days with tons of boring talks on the list.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I totally understand. My oldest daughter (still living at home) just started attending meetings again... when she comes home it's all she talks about in front of the family. "So and so misses you!" "They're so happy to see me, want me to join their congregation instead of one of the other two that meet there, because they need more help and have been having people move away..." (sigh)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit