Hubby's Doubts...

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Hi Congnac,

Not sure if you feel this would be appropriate from our very own Vinny - it deals with the blood issue extensively in a palitable manner for JW's...

http://newsblaze.com/story/20081209054218zzzz.nb/topstory.html

In my experience, the active witnesses I have shared it with said "it makes sense"

Best wishes in trying to help your other half...

Lukewarm

• cognac
    cognac

Thank-you so much everyone for your replys!!! I will go over everything a lot more in depth tomorrow. Some things came up today unexpectedly so I haven't been able to research the information you have given me yet. But, thank you so much for it! I will let everyone know what I think of it tomorrow.

Lol Oompa... Have you ever tried reasoning with her that even the society encourages asking questions - so therefore, both of you shoud me able to talk in a loving way over your issues with the JWs... When hubby fought with me on that - I just said it distanced me further from the JWs because it sends out a lot of red flags to me and I can't get to the root of my issues. Also, if he argues with me over issues instead of discussing them with me I tell him that my questions don't go away and it just distances me further. He's a lot more willing to talk with me about things when I reason like that with him...

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'd be careful of a video by Dawkins if your hubby is christian or believes in god. I'm not a christian myself, I'm just saying if your hubby knows that Dawkins is a famous athiest that actively tries to lead people out of their religious beliefs he may not consider him a neutral source. Please don't flame me, i'm not saying whether dawkins is valid or not, only that he is not neutral but has an agenda.

Sherry

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

sorry oomps!!

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    Sherry Said: I'd be careful of a video by Dawkins if your hubby is christian or believes in god. I'm not a christian myself, I'm just saying if your hubby knows that Dawkins is a famous athiest that actively tries to lead people out of their religious beliefs he may not consider him a neutral source. Please don't flame me, i'm not saying whether dawkins is valid or not, only that he is not neutral but has an agenda.

Agree with you Sherry...

Congnac, you could also try the Jensen blood letters (an elder corresponding with the WTS over 5 years on the blood issue). Perhaps you could print them out and give it to him to read - I have done so with quite a few witnesses so far with excellent results....

You can find it towards the bottom of this page http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/index.shtml

Perhaps later you can follow-up with the chapter Ray Franz wrote in his second book about blood:

http://www.commentarypress.net/cpn-essays/English/4C648686-695D-48C7-ACA8-A52794ED6128_files/Search-Eng-Chap%209.2006.pdf

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks Bonnzo and Cognac......girl i tried reasoning in every possible way......simple questions at first that just hinted at doubts.......but later...things ALWAYS wound up ugly...even email questions where she could take her time doing research.......i would send or give her articles with questions she SHOULD have or want to know......but NOTHING in her mind is willing to question...

nor does she even want to.....i knew things had to change for my own mental health and to save our marriage.....this kinda hit me when after argument 2245 she screamed and with a huge swing slapped the hell out of me twice.......i kinda liked it as i knew that would really eat at her as that is just not her.....anyhoo......all the lies they teach as truth make me want to scream and hit something to.......so i had to let it go in many ways......i still vent here and to those that understand, but no more to fam and friends that just dont want to hear it......too little too late for the most part......we have decided to make this marriage work by accepting that each of us will never change......it is not a normal marriage, but i hope doable........

..it is like she LIKES the blindfold on (blue pill red pill thingy), and i see why from her great "friendships" standpoint.....she/i have (had) great friends......these are (were) fun and nice people......but they are pretty much glad i am outta site/mind now

replacing total social structure at any age can be frightening..........oompa

• cognac
    cognac
    after argument 2245 she screamed and with a huge swing slapped the hell out of me twice.......

I'm sorry Oomps... That's terrible...

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think an active JW would actually be more freaked out by a main stream "Christian" website than an atheist one. I know I would have been. You know - all the warnings about Bablyon the Great.

• oompa
    oompa

cognac.....it was my fault largely....she could just not take it anymore...........i could not shut up and still struggle with it, at least the desire......she has the right to believe what she wants i keep telling myself.....oompa

• cognac
    cognac

yeah Oompa, coming on strong isn't usually a good idea in these situations... However, that NEVER gives anybody a right to physically hurt you...

You read any of Stephen Hassan's books?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit