Have you ever made the elders get so mad at you?

by asilentone 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

Writing letters to the Society over matters bungled in the congregation cannot possibly endear one to the BOE.

Believe me, it's true.

CC

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

LOL

"hall" monitors

priceless

• parakeet
    parakeet

Yes, by dating and then marrying an unbeliever. They never lost their tempers, but they smiled through gritted teeth, an expression I've only seen on fundamentalist Christians' faces. They smile to show their Christian "love," but secretly they want you dead, dead, dead.

• dudeson
    dudeson

large halo parties + alocohol + local needs = pissed off parents.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Oh yes - And did I enjoy it!

I had an elder "bang to rights" over his lying both to and about someone in the congregation, as well as to me and about me.

Two elders came and told me I was right. I then asked what they were going to do about it, it had festered for about 2 years on and off. "Everything will happen in it's own time, If Jehovah wills it then it will happen." I remonstrated that they have enough evidence against this indivdual and something should be done...... the response was priceless!

"Have you ever thought, Hotspur, you are running ahead of Jehovah?" I replied in the only way left for me to reply....

"Have you ever thought you are actually running behind him?" ..... Hacked off and angry would be an understatement.

Did I gloat? Not within my nature!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit