Have you ever made the elders get so mad at you?

by asilentone 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • fokyc
    fokyc

YES!

And now they won't talk to me

fokyc

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you want to talk about it here, I would like to know.

• fokyc
    fokyc

One day, I will possibly be able to publically talk about it.

Not at this time though.

I will say though, that I have told these elders that they are liars.

But they do not visit or telephone; strange, isn't it?

fokyc

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Mad is an understatement. Hate me might be better.

• oompa
    oompa

YES....esp if you steal their thunder...........at ANY JC......tell them very early and often that they NEED to DF you!!.......drives them nuts!!....cause then not only is it not their idea, but they almost NEVER want to be told what to do by a sinful pub!!!..........They have just lost control and trust me.......it frustrates the hell out of them..........oompa

• blondie
    blondie

I was always respectful and humble and my questions were ordinary. But I made my point. A couple of elders blew their tops but had to be reined in by their partner and they would apologize, never the elder who lost his cool. Elders learned not to bother Blondie.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

quite a few times, even though I climbed up the ladder (the few I blew up at eventually left congo or were deleted)

but the latest one was when I handed in my MS resignation

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I would love to have been there to hear Blondie question the elders.

I never did anything intentionally irritate the elders, but near the end of my being an act of witness I know that they were very angry with me. The first time is when I refused to fire a relative who was working for me and was disfellowshipped. They specifically met with me to discuss the issue; I told them that I had talked to the person and was certain that they were going to work their way back. I said first of all it's illegal to fire someone over religious reasons and second of all it's my nephew; not going to happen.

A few years later I was set to hire an ex Bethelite who all of a sudden asked to be disfellowshipped; I talked to him and asked him what his plans were, he said he was planning to work his way back. He had the skill set I needed, so I hired him. The elders were furious; they told me that anyone who would hire a disfellowshipped person did not have any spirituality. I told them they were entitled to their opinion, and hired him anyway.

Both of the individuals did work their way back and were reinstated. In the meantime they had a stable work environment.

Near the end of my being active, the elder body and the overall tone of the congregation I was in became very rule oriented; it was near the end of the time when congregations were paranoid about the size of gatherings, and having organized sports activities. The elder several times had met with different brothers and counseled them because of disagreements during baseball games, football games, etc.; much counsel was given about the competitive spirit. The end result was that the social life in the congregation dwindled to nothing. Any gathering more than 10 people, I kid you not, was discouraged; this was because there was some picture in a watchtower lesson that had 10 people at a gathering, and one of the elders drew the conclusion from this that gatherings of more than 10 people were not advisable.

In one of the meetings I had with the brothers, I guess I really did give them hell about this spirit in the creation that would not allow social gatherings. I asked any of the elders had ever called up any of the younger brothers in the congregation to just say hello, or get a cup of coffee, or ask how things were going in their life and how they could help. All I got from them were blank stares. I told him that the world loved our children, and took every opportunity to make them feel at home.

Towards the very end of my being active in the congregation, I avoided the elders at all costs. I had come to view the elders as impediments to spiritual progress and understanding; now I see them as men who are little more than hall monitors.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only once they realized that I wasn't going to be regular at attending boasting sessions to just meet men. I wonder how p***ed they are going to be when they see that I am not willing to go out in field circus to just meet men at the doors this fall, as the Kingdumb Misery of August 2009 wants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit