First Post Musings

by Perry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

The immediate family gatherings resembled a para-military style, covert action group. Everyone discussing very important aspects of the impending doom about to befall mankind... No one's comments was really recognized by others because everyone couldn't wait to prove to the others that they could mimic something just as well... Slowly some of the color would return to their faces and they would get a kick out of just how silly someone could actually be in the face of such an impending disaster.

Good morning, Perry, and Merry Christmas!

I feel a little guilty about it, but your post had me rolling. I understood it all. My baby sis and Mom are visiting us from out of town for the weekend, and I read it to my sis (out of my mom's hearing.) I could hardly get through it without cracking so bad that I had a hard time breathing.

As she said, we didn't ever have it as bad as you. All I can say is that it's good that you can take what are pathetically sad memories and find the humor in them. You have a very positive outlook and it's very refreshing and encouraging.

Last night I was showing my sis some of the features of my laptop (one is: it plays DVDs) and I ended up watching the only movie I own -– The Shawshank Redemption -- a movie that was already an all-time favorite but one I bought in order to finish a school writing assignment.

One of the main, if not THE, theme is not to give up hope. That is my wish for you and your family. If you have kids or influence over others that are in your family, you can pass on the lack of judgementalism that you now have.

As you said, it's the best we can do.

Take care,
    tj

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks Tj,

It is very carthartic for me to get some of this crap out.... and know that some people do understand. I can only laugh along with you and that is the best medicine of all. Thanks for your friendship.

You and your sis and mom have yourselves a merry little christmas!!

Take Care

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Hello, Perry,

Do you write?
    Yes.

Did you used to post on H2O years ago?
    Yes.

but I still think you should have broken your own god-damn window when you were locked out of the apartment,
    So, why'd you break SixofNine's window, anyway? This sounds like the beginning of a good story.

Ginny

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Perry,

No, I'm not a writer. No, I'm not Italian. Just thought I'd get through that stuff first! I'm Irish & a reader.

In other words, there is a strong tendency in groups that have matured over time to realize that the very ideas that started the movement are now the greatest threat to its current heirarchial structure. More and more effort must be put into silencing the people who remind the group of its original purposes. The majority of the members, having exchanged the focal point from the original lofty ideals for their realitive juxtaposition in the matrix, feel the threat too and simply go along with the "party line". - perry
    On the original H20, a long speech was presented by a British Politician speaking about "organizations" of any kind.

1. A group of people with a common bond get together.

2. They grow, and become a loose organization.

3. The organization grows, and rules are solidified.

4. Dissenters are tossed out.

5. Organization needs funds & workers - looks to it's own followers.

6. Organization eats its own followers, & continues to grow by solicitating new followers.

7. Be prepared to leave *any* organization within a certain amount of time - as all organizations mutate to a philosophy foreign to it's beginnings.

8. The later recruits have no idea what the beginning idea was - as the history has been changed.

This is a paraphrased rehash of his speech, btw. But it agrees with what happened to the WTBTS over the years. Their mutation from the original is amazing.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit