Creator or Evolution? Confused...

by Newborn 55 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hey, Chalam / Stephen

Continuing your line of thought it also states that the long and the short of it is this, evolution states that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great,

caused flu virus is currently causing an irritation and killing people.

Want the vaccine?

• Newborn
    Newborn

THANK YOU ALL for interesting posts!

I will keep studuying more about the evolutionen in order to come to my own conclusions.

Perhaps I'll have my own revolution one day

/Newborn

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Perhaps you will, Stephen certainly won't. Revolutions come through honest study, not the dirtying of it.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Perhaps you will, Stephen certainly won't.

Are you sure? I could have a whole stash of books on evolution right here?

Revolutions come through honest study, not the dirtying of it.

Maybe you could give that advise to the WT, they are in desperate need of it with regards to the bible ;)

Anyhow, I was sincere in my post and raised a valid point, thus some posters responded.

I have not ruled evolution completely out although I do have some big issues with it.

However, what I am certain of is the existence of God. I see the universe as a creation, certainly not the product of infinite chance and randomness.

I choose to spend my time getting to know the Creator rather than every facet regarding the Theory Of Evolution and such. Who knows, some bright scientist will likely have a Eureka moment and tell us evolution was flawed start a whole new theory?!

Really, the first question is, is there a God? If there is that explains a lot of things to me. Also, I can leave some big questions until I meet Him. Where is the universe? Where did all the matter that is the universe come from? At what time did time begin?

If my faith was to be solely in science then I would want these questions answering first :) As it is I could be waiting rather a long time for that I feel.

All the best,

Stephen

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Scottsman >> And this is the problem - both sides of the argument can pruduce loads of articles, evidence etc etc - it is a circular conversation.

Actually, it's the exact oposite of a circular conversation. ALL of the ACTUAL evidence points in the exact same direction - Evolution. That is precisely why it is FACT. The "articles" stating otherwise are totally bogus religious drivel, not impartial data.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

((( ALL of the ACTUAL evidence points in the exact same direction - Evolution. That is precisely why it is FACT. The "articles" stating otherwise are totally bogus religious drivel, not impartial data. )))

Oh god!!!!!

Just like the Watchtower is the "only" truth and everything else is bogus. - have you learned nothing?????????

I notice you say that the articles stating otherwise are "religious". You do not need to read religiously motivated books to find a strong counter argument against the theory of evolution.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Yes you do. And comparing the watchtower to science is like comparing N'sync to The Beatles.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

the two questions that undermine evolution and creation, are the same.

if evolution is the answer, how can we come from nothing

if god created everything, where did god come from......

dont say he`s always been here,

dont say its to complicated for humans to understand,

dont say as the jw`s always used to say "there are some questions you shouldnt ask"

personally....i dont know but i`m reflecting on your comments.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Maybe there has always been something, the big bang wasn't neccessarily the beginning of everything.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

What it comes down to for me at least is that all of the sciences combined, not just the theory of evolution, show that the creation account of the Bible is a myth and the global flood never happened. Archaeology and the Documentary Hypothesis call into question much of the remaining portions of the Bible to the degree that, at least for me, shows that if there is a god or pantheon or Intelligent Designer, it didn't have anything to do with the writers of the Bible.

Currently the Theory of Evolution, the theory of the common descent of all life on the planet from a simple life form, seems most plausible to me. Where did the first life form come from? That is not so clear. Either we don't yet understand the processes involved or we are looking in the wrong place. The answer is we don't know. Where did the Universe come from? The processes are generally understood, but nobody knows why the Universe is. For me at least, the answers are not found in the Bible. Why should anyone assume that these questions will ever have an answer?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit