Experience - Did some "Yoga" at the Gym but was scared of demon attacks....wierd!

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes the Watchtower says Yoga can "open ones mind to demonic control..." so, I wen't to a class at my Gym held be a pregnant instructor who was not dressed as a Witch??? Was her baby the "anti-christ devils child" I thought to myself in my Witness mind. We did some relaxing streching and I still did not feel under control of demons! She wrapped us in blankets...which was wierd but relaxing....still no one turned into Linda Blair from "the Exorcist." Good for the back though....the demon theory just seems so damn 15th Century bull crap!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

If someone is afraid of their mind being lulled into a trance and invaded by demons they should NOT attend the District Conventions.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Lol WLD

I've been doing yoga for months, meditation for even longer and just tried tai chi for the first time last night. Great stuff for mind and body.

Certain schools of Buddhism practice insight meditation. Rather than clearing your mind or going into a trance, this is time spent THINKING, particularly about the spiritual. It's no wonder WTS wants it's members to stay away from that.

• Chalam
    Chalam

There was a thread on this a while back

Kundalini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It all depends if you believe we are spiritual beings or physical only?

All the best,

Stephen

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Was a thread about how Muslim scolars banned Yoga as well due to demons.....what the hell, it's just stretching and realxation!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi 007,

To balance this view, there is a woman at our church who goes to yoga and it is not an issue.

At its basic level, it is just physical, stretching and relaxing and such. I went for some physiotherapy myself the other day so I am all for that :)

However, as you get into yoga it can become also spiritual pursuit as well as physical. The spiritual side could be quite subtle but also quite powerful.

Do your research, have a look around on the internet and see what those who are into this spiritual side have to say.

All the best,

Stephen

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yoga can have a profound spiritual effect. Some kinds engage the chakras. It is more than just a physical exercise.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Yoga can have a spiritual effect if that is your intent and you want to include that with it.

I've been doing yoga for about 25 years and have taken classes from a number of instructors.

I started doing it for the emotional benefits, I do it now for the physical benefits too, as it takes me out of chronic pain.

In all that time there has never been anything spiritual about it for me.

And I've never had a yoga teacher try to promote anything spiritual or religeous.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

There is something similiar named pilates. It also involves stretching exercises.

Bangalore

• Waffles
    Waffles

You may not have had enough spiritistic influences in your yoga class to get the full demonic experience out of it. Next time you go wear a Smurfs t-shirt, sit on a ouija board, wear a bracelet that you bought at a yard sale, watch a Disney movie before attending, then listing to some heavy metal music on the way. That should do the trick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit