Watchtower says "Field Service Report NOT a Major Concern!"

by UnDisfellowshipped 27 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Of course it is--they are just saying that to get more people that are currently putting zero hours to start putting some time in. That way, they will inflate the numbers--one tiny hour (or 15 minutes) is better for them than zero.

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

I seem to recall that when informally witnessing some Christians found fault with the fact that in their view, JWs believe in being saved by works, not by faith as the Bible says. Honestly, at the time, I just didn't get it. Could it be that the WTS is coming out with this in the WT as a response to those criticisms?

• yknot
    yknot

..... Just sarcastically pointing out that technically I am allegedly in FS right now and not surfing here between loads of laundry, menu planning for this weekend sports events and dusting!.....

So shhhh you don't see my posts ......okay!

• Heaven
    Heaven

The problem I see with this is that it's going to be counter-productive to achieving the goals of the organization. The young people will embrace it and then not go out on service. But for a seasoned JW, it doesn't change a thing, especially for the elderly. So older ones still feel guilty and the young ones get off the hook.

The aging mind can't keep up with these 'changes' so they keep to what they know from the past. This is what's happening with my father at present. Any experienced witness knows they'll be clubbed over the head if they don't turn in a report, regardless of this article. And yes, if you wish to advance, I highly doubt you'll do it without an excellent FSR.

I see this as an inherent problem with the ever shifting doctrines and policies of the WTS. JWs have been indoctrinated by "it's a conscience matter" -- which really means you better do it even if we're now saying it's not necessary. Same goes for the blood policy.

It's just another way for them to CTA (Cover Their Ass-ets).

• Waffles
    Waffles

Agree'd with those who say they're just covering their asses. This article won't change anything on the local congregation level. You can bet your ass that the elders will still hound people for their times, have local needs talks on low field service hours, etc.

• parakeet
    parakeet

WT quote: .....Jehovah, the Master of all, and his appointed Judge, Christ Jesus, will judge us.....

What if Jehovah and Jesus disagree? Who breaks the tie? Simon Cowell?

Jehovah: "He hasn't met the mimimal field service requirements for the last six months. I say toast him."

Jesus: "But he's loving to his wife and children."

Jehovah: "A loving heart is well and good, but I want those reports pumped up! It's making me look bad!"

Jesus: "It's not always about you, Dad."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Actions speak louder than words.

I have to go with Farkel... There are no laws in Oceana.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I think it's very likely they will get rid of reporting time in the next few years.

If that is done, no need for active and inactive witnesses any longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit