At Which Table Are You Feeding?

by YoYoMama 40 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

YoYo, what you posted is a persons views of the Bible. If one want's to know what the Bible says, one should go to the source. Each individual has their own interpretations, and many twist the words to fit their own interpretations.

I learned a few years, when I want to know what the Bible says, to just read it.

Why not read 1st John 2:27 it tells us that we do not need that man teach us. The holy Spirit teaches us.
    The Bible also says not to put your trust in men. That is what the JW's are doing, they are trusting man to teach them.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

Eleanor Roosevelt

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

You stated in #3..."By serving the interests of anything opposed to Jehovah." Might that include the United Nations. I don't believe anyone on this board is an NGO! But we know who was!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yum-Yum,and what are they serving at the WBTS table,a big plate of crap!Enjoy your meal yo-yo...OUTLAW

• borgfree
    borgfree

Quote "13 Jesus said: “By their fruits you will recognize them.” (Matthew 7:16) What, now, are the fruits of the apostates and their publications? Four things mark their propaganda. (1) Cleverness. Ephesians 4:14 says that they are “cunning in contriving error.” (2) Prideful intelligence. (3) Lack of love. (4) Dishonesty in various forms. These are the very ingredients of the food that is on the table of demons, all of which is designed to undermine the faith of Jehovah’s people."

Sure sounds just like the Watchtower Organization that I grew to know and hate.

Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • Mum
    Mum

Like Lilacs, I dine at the kitchen table unless I go to a fine restaurant or a friend's home. Whether supernatural beings are present is of no concern, as they don't seem to eat much.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• comment
    comment

I've read this article before. In fact, more than once. In fact, I think I may have been asked to read it aloud at the congregation Watchtower Study.

The phrase "Satan's demonic junk food" never fails to crack me up.

On a related note, one of the worst things any speaker at the Kingdom Hall could do, in my opinion, was to create some analogy using the word "spiritual" in conjunction with another word (i.e. "spiritual lawnmower," "spiritual gas tank," "spiritual underwear" etc.).

Usually, the analogies involved cars, which of course reflected back on a) the speaker's gender (always male) and b) the speaker's employment or hobby (typically for a Witness, he'd either be some kind of mechanic or really into cars).

I couldn't help but think how the sisters (or select brothers, like me) who didn't give a flying fig about anything to do with cars must be enjoying and benefiting from these analogies.

Anyway, pass the potato chips, please.

comment

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

"Anyway, pass the potato chips, please."

Careful! Them's demonic potato chips!

• larc
    larc

Yo Yo,

Russell in 1909: Wasn't that when he celebrated Christmas, used the symbol of the Cross, said the governments were going to end in 1914. Isn't that the time when he said that ALL those who ate at God's table would go to heaven? Didn't he say that the Great Pyramid demensions fullfilled Bible prophecy and Napleon was the King of the North.

Yo Yo Mama, I hope you have stayed faithful to this spiritual food that was provided by Russell.

• Satanus
    Satanus

YO

I think i get the picture regarding food. A person can eat all kinds of food: junk food, vitamin pills, healthy vegetables, meat; but it all turns to shit, and then he's got to eat some more. It's the same w 'the truth'. There is some good stuff, some garbage, but regardless, in a few decades, what was once spiritual food has turned into shit. That's why the society doesn't want you to read rutherfords, or russells stuff. Imagine if the wt is still around 50 yrs from now, what they preach now will likely be considered as old truth (shit). That means you're eating shit now.

'Hail the theocracy ever advancing'

SS

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

YoYoMama,

This is just a discussion board it is neither a table of Jehovah nor a table of the demons. It is not much different than going out in Field Service in the many different territories around the world.

Many different views, different circumstances and beliefs are found here. If it is wrong to associate here it's also wrong to associate with all the many people at the doors, who invite us in to discuss religion or current news events and then accept a study.

I have heard that in some neighborhoods in the Bronx,N.Y. the brothers only go in twos or threes, preferably the biggest brothers in the congregation, and no sisters go with them! Nasty stuff goes on there!

They're not diving into the table of the demons, they're entering the real world!

I am enjoying your posts, food for thought and comment!

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit