"Michael Jackson knew it was the truth, that's why he left his kids to his JW mother"

by BonaFide 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I talked to a couple of my friends that are JW's this week about this, they said, "Well, obviously MJ thought it was the truth, that's why he left his kids to his mother, so they can be raised as Witnesses."

Why DIDN'T he leave his kids to his brothers? He has several of them.

BF

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I can understand Witnesses saying that. Obviously MJ knew his Mom was a JW and would instill those beliefs in them. Maybe MJ wasn't as messed up about the JW influence in his life as much as being abused by his Dad and his loss of childhood from being a child star...........And please note I said maybe. I don't think his mom was a staunch Witness, I saw an interview with the Mom and she clearly was a moving force in getting those kids to sing and be recognized for it.

Who knows why he did not leave his kids to his brothers, we could speculate lots of reasons.

purps

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I met MJ once. He had a good friend that was a witness. I will give his initials. P.P., his great-uncle was brother Gangas. Anyway, after Thriller was released I went with him to the Woodland Hills Congregation, I think it was. MJ drove up in a Mercedes.

At the meeting for service, some kids were bugging him, but he was nice to them. We were in a group of four. He sat in the back seat. I could smell something weird, he was putting on a fake mustache with glue. He was very shy, and he looked down when he shook my hand.

The brother I was with worked door-to-door with him. I didn't say much to him, but a car drove by blasting Thriller, and he laughed at that. Oh, and he sang to the radio. He also said that he had witnessed to Barbra Streisand, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, and others. He said he placed literature with all of them.

And one more thing. We had to leave the territory early as some of the householders were figuring out who he was. As we were getting back into the car, one of the elders walked up to the car and said, "Michael, can we talk to you after the meeting?" MJ looked embarrassed and said yes. P.P. tried to joke with him about it.

The brother P.P. was disfellowshipped, still is. I wonder how he is feeling about all this. He seemed like a good guy, and MJ liked him.

So I wonder why he left his kids for his JW mom to take care of.

BF

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I never met his mom, but several in my congregation that I grew up in did. They said she was nice, and kept to herself. At assemblies, she acted just like anyone else. Some of the weirdo's would go up to her and ask her questions, I heard she hated that.

BF

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Guess we can never know his motives. And who knows the eventual outcome of all this? His mother is quite elderly now, and that might become a factor, if not now, then before too many years go by.

There is no doubt in my mind that Michael Jackson thought it was the 'truth', at least for a large portion of his life. I was tuned into his music, and I always thought that some of it clearly was showing that at some point he did not believe that any longer. Thriller was a clear indication, though he was forced to disclaimer it to keep his family perhaps. His 'Bad' album looked like a man seeking outside of the box, and letting the world know it. After that, I never believed he had any interest in remaining a JW, in spite of lifelong associations.

Of course he later converted to Islam, leaving no doubt in my mind that he was not a believer in Jwism any longer.

No, whatever his motives, I don't think he believed it was the 'truth', in the sense that Jw's teach it to be exclusive.

Jeff

• aniron
    aniron

Of course he later converted to Islam

As far as I know there is no evidence that MJ converted to Islam.

His brother Jermaine, was on a British TV show "Never Mind the Buzzcoocks" and was asked if MJ had become a Muslim. He said he hadn't and that MJ had his own personal beliefs.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

There were lot's of reports, but perhaps they are inaccurate regarding his conversion. If so, my apologies for the statement.

Jeff

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IMHO, it was because MJ was never shunned by is mom, so he was able to separate his love for her from the WB&TS's bullsh*t. I hope she doesn't raise them as jws. Hopefully her stance has softened since all but one kid is out of the borg.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

He renounced the faith back in '86 didn't he. He was now more into islam anyway.

All this fuss about MJ & JW - it's so meaningless.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

his 2nd choice was Diana Ross. does she have the truth too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit