Scientists Create Human Sperm from Stem Cells

by betterdaze 28 Replies latest social current

• snowbird
    snowbird

I think of YHWH's words when He observed the Tower's builders.

Sylvia

• Satanus
    Satanus

That's what i was thinking too, snowey. He should be descending on those labs really soon, too give each one of those scientists a different and new language, unless the babel tower story was just a story;)

S

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

No need to worry about paternity suits:

The cells which are required to produce spermatozoa are "embryonic stem cells."

So, if anyone can be sued it would have to be a tiny embryo in a test tube that hasn't been born yet.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So, if anyone can be sued it would have to be a tiny embryo in a test tube that hasn't been born yet.

A few years ago there was a case where a woman performed oral sex on a man, did not swallow, saved the semen, and used it for invitro fertilization and then sued the man for child support. She won.

One could make a valid claim that there is legal precedent for Elsewhere's post. It is not so far fetched.

In my opinion, the laws lean too far in one direction, sometimes not relying on basic common sense.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Did she use it for invitro, or did she just use a turkey baster?

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Dear Big Tex.... that story is kinda strange--but this is an entirely different issue:

There is no way that even scientists can produce "daddy cells" when none exist unless they have very specific stem cells to begin with from which to produce spermatozoa as the scientific report states.

So.... casual contact with another person will not permit anyone to somehow produce reproductive cells, try as they may. Cheek cells or hair cells contain DNA but they are not the same as embryonic stem cells.

If you have only casual contact with someone they can't ever somehow make reproductive cells.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Big Tex: A few years ago there was a case where a woman performed oral sex on a man, did not swallow, saved the semen, and used it for invitro fertilization and then sued the man for child support. She won.

A few years ago there was a similar case where a woman's dress got spotted with some semen as she performed similar sex on some prominent world official -- I forget who that was. She kept the dress, intact with dna evidence, which forced that official to recant his famous statement, "I did not have sex with that woman ...". Somewhere along this story line there also was a cigar involved but don't remember exactly how it fit in.

Len

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    A colony of human embryonic stem cells

Thoroughly obsolete for therapeutic purposes. Stem cells can now be created at will from any human tissue.

Pesky scientists. Next, they'll be making humans, or anything else from stem cells. What place for god?

God: "Get your own stem cells."

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Human fertility has declined by 50% since the 1940s.

Too bad we can't take the hint.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What hint? And who made it?

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit