open marriages, anyone have experience?

by Pierced Angel 77 Replies latest social relationships

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL@COMF

unclebruce who still believes in the Kama Sutra.

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

This has got to be the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. People will justify ANYTHING even if deep down they know it is wrong. So far, the reasoning I am hearing on this is total horse puckey. I am not an active JW, but I do still hold basic Biblical beliefs. The scriptures do condemn adultery, plain and simple. Even if a husband or wife personally approves this open lifestyle, you are still having sex with a person who is not your spouse. God says that it is wrong. That should be reason enough for those who are not atheists anyway.

All I can say in the end is good luck, but I don't see anything good coming out of this other than cheap thrills for a night or two, YES
    cheapening your marriage.[8>]

Whatever.

Vita

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Vitameatavegamin,

cheapening your marriage
    OK, I appreciate that for you, "Because Jehovah said so" is reason enough for anything in the Bible. That's not true for me any more, but I'm not at all inclined to jeer.

I do want to know how this "cheapening your marriage" thing works. How will I know if my marriage has been cheapened? What does it feel like?

I want to close by saying that I enjoy just about all of your posts on this board.

Gently Feral

"There were cockroaches of course,
    but very clean cockroaches."
    -- Julia Vinograd

• COMF
    COMF

The scriptures do condemn adultery, plain and simple.

True. And it's also true that the scriptures set the moral guidelines today, just as they did when they were written.

So... sold any daughters into slavery lately, Veggie? - Exodus 21:7

COMF

• ladonna
    ladonna

Veggie,

Comf is right!!!!! The bible did set the standards.
    Sheesh, I'd hate to have been one of Lot's daughters. Ughhhhhh....

Ana

• rhett
    rhett
    Even if a husband or wife personally approves this open lifestyle, you are still having sex with a person who is not your spouse. God says that it is wrong.

No, that's what some guy wrote thousands of years ago. I don't really see the need to set the standards for my life on something that has no real use today.
    Personally, I only want to have sex with my wife and her to only do it with me. I actually would not want a threesome with another woman and my wife. Call me selfish but I just don't like to share. That's just me though. Hey, if you like it and it works for you then who am I to argue?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Hungout
    Hungout

The idea of an open marriage can work if the ground rules are set and followed, in the case of Pieced Angels open marriaged it failed miserably because of lies and deception.

The same goes for the "swinging thing" sure it can be fun and an unusal experience, but if either person feels uncomforatable it can ruin a marriage.

So I guess the only reason im posting is to warn people of the problems and eventually pain such activities can cause a relationship.

myself personally i would never suggest such a thing or stay with a person who wants such a thing again.

sincerely Joel (pierced angel soon to be ex)

• somebody
    somebody

Joel,

That is just SO sad!

Thanks for warning others by your painful experience. I can't help but to think about the kids.

I enjoyed meeting you and Pierced Angel. It's too bad things did not work out. But as you said, for that kind of a relationship to work, both partners have to want such a marriage.

peace to you,

somebody/gwen

• Xander
    Xander

Holy thread resurrection batman!

• Hungout
    Hungout

The resurrection has now taken place during the CHRISTMAS holiday season, forever changing the JW's idea's of this pagon holiday :p

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit