Is Earth Itself the Great Abyss?

by cameo-d 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

from wiki:

Because he contrived "to make his throne higher than the clouds over the earth and resemble 'My power' on high", Satan-Sataniel was hurled down, with his hosts of angels, and since then he has been flying in the air continually above the abyss

--------------

abyss: 1350–1400; earlier abisse, ME abissus < LL abyssus < Gk ábyssos bottomless, equiv. to a- a- 6 + byssós bottom of the sea

If 'abyss' is actually referring to ' the infinite deep' or is an illusion to the oceans as a "bottomless pit"...is this why we have so many fish icons associated with religions?

Could it be that the earth itself is actually the Great Abyss?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Could it be that none of it is real?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, during my christian phase, shortly after leaving the wt, i also entertained a similar idea, for a while. I kicked around the idea that humans were incarnated demons, that god was using this planet as a rehabilitation ground for them. That the suffering and emotions experienced was a means to rehab them. After several months, i dropped the idea.

S

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Satanus: "After several months, i dropped the idea. "

Because you realized you are incorrigible?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Heehee. We demons don't worry about that kind of $#!+.

S

• Waffles
    Waffles

Who is Sataniel? Is that Satan's Latino counterpart?

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Johannes Greber postulated a similar idea in his book Communication with the Spirit World. According to Greber, the spirit he communicated with claimed that humans are incarnate spirit beings who had previously rebelled against God (ie, demons) and are now 'serving their time'.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Trevor: "claimed that humans are incarnate spirit beings who had previously rebelled against God (ie, demons) and are now 'serving their time'."

I am still rebelling....does that mean.....I'll be back? Again?

oh noes....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you think about the immeasurable size of the universe...the Great Abyss ain't so big

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

cameo-d: According to Greber - or rather, the spirit he communicated with - yes, you will be... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit