Romans 10:13

by PSacramento 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yeah, an obvious unwarranted addition to God's word here. RUins the whole context of the text.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yeah, an obvious unwarranted addition to God's word here. RUins the whole context of the text.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Acts 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

With Acts 4:12, the key phrase here is "under heaven", I suggest. It is a different context from Romans 10:13, which is what this thread is about.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Spike T- It is a different context from Romans 10:13, which is what this thread is about.

So who is the name we call on to be saved? Jesus or Jehovah? There is only one.

The question boils down to this, who is Lord? For you, "Jehovah" is Lord. For myself, Jesus is.

You really need to get to the bottom of this issue before you meet Jesus and he asks you Romans 10:9 Matthew 7:23

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"Meeting Jesus" may not be an option. It depends on the fulfillment of the applicable scriptures. It's not "the bottom of this issue" , rather it is the top — it is the great issue of Universal Sovereignty. Matthew 4:4,7,10 remain the definitive verses on this. They were spoken by the heir apparent to the ruler of the day, Jesus the Greater David to Satan the Greater Saul.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The May 1, 1978 Watchtower (page 12) says that Romans 10:13 is about Jesus:

There are verses in the Hebrew Scriptures about Jehovah that are quoted in the “New Testament” in a context speaking about the Son. (Isa. 40:3—Matt. 3:3—John 1:23; Joel 2:32—Rom. 10:13; Ps. 45:6, 7—Heb. 1:8, 9) This is understandable, for Jesus was the Father’s foremost representative.

• snowbird
    snowbird

This is understandable, for Jesus was the Father’s foremost representative

That flies in the face of John 8:58 where Jesus calls Himself I AM.

No wonder they mistranslated that verse!

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I wonder how many JWs read Romans with this passage in mind.

Php 2:9

For this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit