newbie needs help

by highdose 49 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome to the Board and the Real World!!..The outside world is nothing like the WBT$ would have you believe..There are many good people out there..

.......................OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

i come off them will i want to go back to the JW's?

Hello highdose,

I was on anti-depressants for many years while in "the truth". It was a funny thing, but after I finally left "the truth", I decided to get psychological help for my depression. My psychyatrist told me to get off them, and low and behold, no more depression. It's been about five or so years now, and no symptoms whatsoever!

Why do people get depressed?

It's a natural human reaction when something is wrong. It's your brain screaming at you that you need to make changes. It's a good thing! Meds don't do a damned thing in MOST cases other than keep you a brain-dead dubbie drone.

Please, get off that crap. I don't know which one you are on, but see how you do away from the dubbies and the meds. I know it must be scary, but try it.

Take care, and remember, those guys aren't just waiting to rape you in "the world", LOL.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi highdose

It rather sounds like you are no longer a witness anyway, you have moved towns, you avoid the kingdom halls, you no longer live the witness life. You have basically made the choice already.

You are a good example of why a lot leave and it has nothing to do with Jehovah and the doctrines Jws believe in but about having a social group with more freedom to do what you want in. I have to say I am pro-witness because I believe in Jehovah and his son Jesus and want to follow the way of Gods word, which is quite strict morally and very opposite to current moral trends in the world but it is for each individual person to decide upon.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa:

You are a good example of why a lot leave and it has nothing to do with Jehovah and the doctrines Jws believe in but about having a social group with more freedom to do what you want in.

My reply:

Where do you get off putting words in highdoses mouth? This poster said nothing of that sort. It appears from their posts they do not agree with WT trash, being that they have tossed all the pubs. You posted what you wanted highdose to say, or mean. Not reality.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Highdose I remember 'Worldly' people being portrayed as totally amoral (and quite scary) compared to JWs - but that's what the Watchtower wants us to believe. From what I understand (and from my personal knowledge) there are more people suffering 'mental illness' amongst JWs than the population at large. JWs do NOT follow the Bible (as you've probably figured out for yourself) but a forever changing list of manmade rules (no wonder JWs suffer mentally). Stick around here, you won't need the drugs anymore! (The Truth will set you free, as they say)

• snowbird
    snowbird

You are a good example of why a lot leave and it has nothing to do with Jehovah and the doctrines Jws believe in but about having a social group with more freedom to do what you want in

What's wrong with that?

Galatians 5
    The Life of Freedom

1 Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.

2 -3 I am emphatic about this. The moment any one of you submits to circumcision or any other rule-keeping system, at that same moment Christ's hard-won gift of freedom is squandered. I repeat my warning: The person who accepts the ways of circumcision trades all the advantages of the free life in Christ for the obligations of the slave life of the law. 4 -6 I suspect you would never intend this, but this is what happens. When you attempt to live by your own religious plans and projects, you are cut off from Christ, you fall out of grace. Meanwhile we expectantly wait for a satisfying relationship with the Spirit. For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religion nor disregard of religion amounts to anything. What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love. MSG

Sylvia

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi highdose welcome

brought up in the truth, i spent 20+ years of my life having trauma after trauma in it. It got to the point a few months ago when due to the state i was in my Dr put me on seriously heavy duty anti depressants. Since taking them a werid thing has happened... i don't care any more about the truth. i havn't been to the meetings or prayed, ive even started questioning their beliefs!

being a witness can be a real bummer and I'm very sorry you experienced so much trauma. I think antidepressants can give an individual confidence to leave a bad situation by lifting mood and by boosting the energy needed to take action. So I'm glad they have had a beneficial effect for you.

ql

• DaCheech
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

oops sorry double post

• DaCheech

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit