Could Watchtower Collapse Be Sooner Than You Think?

by metatron 122 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Their deliberate choice to allow their doctrines to remain and continue to develop doctrines that are 50 to 100 years behind medical science is tragic and abysmal. Even after it was proven that vaccinations were not "filthy animal pus" (as they claimed), even after it was proven that organ transplants were not "cannibalism" (as they claimed), even after it was proven that blood is not an "organ" (as they claimed), and even after it was proven that the heart is NOT an organ of emotion (as they claimed), they enforce compliance to their idiotic doctrines. ALL of these claims were debunked by medical science BEFORE the WTS created their idiotic doctrines over them Didn't they think anyone might notice that sticky little fact?
    Congregations are a cesspool off corruption, prescription drug-addiction, back-stabbing, social climbing, ass-kissing, cover-ups and abuse of rank and file publishers, yet the WTS claims they are a "spiritual paradise." Did they think that their followers couldn't see the huge lie in that claim?

This is the best two paragraphs I've read on JWN in weeks. Thank you.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I think what would hit the WTS the hardest is if government started treating them like the corporation they are and started taxing them. I thought I heard they were trying to do that in France, but if it were done in the US at headquarters it would cripple them. Not only that, but if someone can prove they are not and never were a non-profit organization, the government can collect back taxes for previous years as well. That would do it for sure.

• JWoods
    JWoods

+++++ on the above observation on the medical science idiocy.

As I have been gone for a while on other things, did the CO drawdown take place, retiring many old timers from the circuits? I remembered hearing something about a super-elder for each city or some such rather than the traveling CO.

I probably would (regretfully) think that some vestiges of this will last longer than most of us do - but in the sad state in which the 7th Day Adventists or even Traditional Scientology is kind of drawing back to its hard core and pretending the lights are still on.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

farkel, bravo.

my limited writing skills could never have said it better!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks so much for coming back, Farkel.

Nobody cuts through the bullshit and puts it as eloquently as you do.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:To properly analyze this subject, we need to keep in mind that we're dealing with two interrelated yet separate issues:

:1. The financial well-being of the WTBTS, and

:2. The rank-and-file's loyalty towards WT leadership

Wrong. Your approach assumes these two things are somehow still mutually exclusive, when they are NOT separate issues. When the loyalty stops, the money stops. The WTS is not short on assets, but it IS short on cash flow. Cash flow depends upon the R&F's loyalty towards WT leadership. If loyalty disappears, cash flow disappears. If cash flow disappears, assets and growth cannot be supported. Once assets are sold, the game is over because the cash will eventually dwindle to nothing.

The only way to get more cash flow is to get more loyalty from new recruits and that is not happening on a scale large enough to maintain any sort of status quo with the WTS.

Farkel

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I've been wondering about the Watchtower and where they are getting their cash...loans to KH? or some investments they only know about ?

Whenever I gave away watchtowers I kept forgetting to ask house holders for money for the WWWork.

It seemed to me that if people felt the mags were worth something they would volunteer a cash contribution.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Your approach assumes these two things are somehow still mutually exclusive, when they are NOT separate issues. When the loyalty stops, the money stops.

Is it possible that the global recession is having an impact on donations? Is it possible that they've overinvested in real estate that can be expensive to maintain (thus eating up a lot of their liquid assets)? Is it possible that the overall ratio of JWs who are poor has been escalating over the past decade or two? Is it possible for WT leadership to maintain their control over the rank and file even if they were to get out of the publishing business altogether?

You seem to think not, while I leave open the possibility that there are other reasons contributing to the Watchtower's cash problems. To each his own. I can't say for certain what's behind the WT's cash flow issues and neither can you.

• bobld
    bobld

Well maybe after the D.C.,they kept saying the end is near,very near, in fact, so near that you could smell it.They are very rich in assets,but have a cash flow problem.First it was the KHAA,than TOAA (Travelling overseer assist arrangement).I understand they want $4.25 from every publisher in Canada.That payment MUST be made ,even if some can't,than the congregation will.That is, to the help the C.O.(T.O.)with travelling and dental expenses.

In the past the congregations paid for the C.O. expenses,ie gas/meals.The way I figure,this is for dental only, which amounts to over $6,000 per C.O. per year to me that is high.I forgot it's to help their cash flow problem.

Also in the near future.mark my words they will use the Devil's device(internet) to get the info out to the R&F.One last thing,I believe there is a powerful group of men behind the scenes.They are using the so called GB, as puppets and when the time comes they will take over all the assets.

Bob

• metatron
    metatron

Let's set a few things straight: First, the Society's cash flow issues did not begin with the current recession. They began many years ago with the "Voluntary Donation Arrangement". The cultists in control naivelly thought that they would make out like bandits, with money pouring in from public donations, as well as publishers. This was done in reaction to Jimmy Swaggart's loss of his tax court case.

As soon as they did this, panic set in. Donations plunged and they had to cut back and discreetly demand donations ( as in letters telling some congregations to cough up more cash). Food service at assemblies turned into an utter disaster and had to be canceled precipitously.

Over time, their problem with cash flow has gotten worse as they never seem to stop cutting just like any sunset industry. I was told that they tend to quickly liquidate whatever estate property is willed to them. The conversion to paperbacks was to save money. The mass layoff of Bethelites was partly due to expenses but also the fact that Bethelites have become a legal liability, as courts aren't buying the excuse that they are just volunteers!

While we're at it, let's focus on LIABILITY! So far, we just talk about cash flow problems but liabilty is a big part of the decline of the Watchtower.

Do you realize that, as things stand now, the Watchtower may be as vunerable as the Catholic Church BUT WITHOUT THE ASSET BASE?

The Organization is a strict Hierarchy with a chain of command stretching from local elders up to the Governing Body. Do you think a lawsuit might follow up the ladder? I was told by a Bethelite some time ago that the last thing they want is some ancient Governing Body member put on a witness stand in court. That's why they split up their corporations like nine ways, just like any liable company in the world.

They also must digest the expensive change in the status of Bethelites. Did they dump Bethelites in Spain because they must pay pensions or other benefits as workers and not as volunteers? The same has happened in the US with regard to worker compensation and accident liability. I have long argued that Circuit Overseers are a dangerous liability because congregations are not autonomous. They need to make a painful change here.

The Watchtower Empire is stretched paper thin across the globe with pitiful donations to support the Reich and liabilities that have exploded. It ain't pretty.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit