proof that the NT likely was first written in Hebrew

by Spike Tassel 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL yeah Spike...we will see. Your theory does work very well for WT theology. But not much else...nor is it grounded in anything logical.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Here's the source of your first link:

“Search the Scriptures” Ministry

PO Box32

Clarksville, AR 72830-0032 USA

Are we to assume that since you are promoting their article on the NT being written in Hebrew that you therefore accept all other teachings they may espouse? Who is the articles author? Where did he/she go to school? What credentials do they have? How many years have they studied biblical history, archeology, Greek, Hebrew, etc?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    But the evidences that yield that conclusion are wholly insufficient to warrant the additional conclusion that the New Testament was first written in Hebrew.

That is the concluding statement to the second internet link you cite. It would appear that your own source disagrees with your thesis.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

logic is how reasoning is done

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah constitutes the acceptable Source, plain and simple. Let God be found true, even if everyone else may be proved wrong from time to time.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

and you seem to lack both Spike...you have handed it over to the GB

Sad indeed

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    logic is how reasoning is done

Umm, very astute. I would humbly submit that the rules of logical reasoning require us to disregard evidence that is proven to be unfactual.

For example if I had a theory about dates, and the end of the world which lead me to determine a specific date like....and I'll just pull a number out of the air here.....1914. And let's say I needed a hard date from antiquity to base this on like 607 B.C.E. yet ALL historical evidence proved that my claims of a major event happening on 607 were wrong, and that event actually happened in like 534 BCE or something then wouldn't the laws of logical reasoning dictate I throw out my original date and interpretations and admit I was wrong?

What would it say about my "logical reasoning" abilities if I clung to my original assertion even though all historical evidence proved it wrong ST?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Jehovah constitutes the acceptable Source, plain and simple.

Really? Does Jehovah write all the publications the WTBT Corporation prints every year? Who is the source of that?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    The New Testament was written in Greek, and was completed about 40 years after Jesus lived. It was written by men who either knew Jesus personally or were His early followers.

That's a quote from tetragrammaton.com that ST cited on his other thread trying to prove the NT actually did contain the Hebrew word for God.

Oh man, this is too easy. I gotto go back to arguing politics. Where's Burnsy at?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

607 BCE is not how anyone at the time would have spoken of it, for starters. Actually, anything BCE is historically anachronistic.

WTBT Corporation is not a legal name. The contributors draw from their own spirits, whether ultimately from Jehovah or Satan, or a mix of both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit