What good was Field Service?

by BurnTheShips 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

I was a pioneer for 7 years, when I think back it was a complete waste of time spiritually and financially. I would have been a lot better off using my time in more productive way than trying to prove my worth to the so called almighty. Sure I became an MS faster and was well on my way to becoming an elder, but that only used more time, time I could have used to actually contribute something positive to my own life or someone that I knew deserved it.

I pity anyone that wastes their time trying to convince others to join any religious organization. Let god use his own time and effort if it’s so important, which of course we all know he won’t do because he has billions of humans that practice thousands of religions to do the work for him. I will probably never see the day that mankind will break the religious cycle and finally come to it’s senses but I’m convinced that it will happen and when it does it will be a huge step forward in mankind’s intellectual evolution.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Upsetting people who were doing whatever normal couples do at 10 o clock on a winter Sunday morning when the curtains are drawn

Are you suggesting we interrupted sex? That never even occurred to me that's what they were doing.

I got to resent the time I had lost, the other things I might have done, the money I lgave up on lost overtime on Saturdays ..and the sheer waste of a life doing something that I really disliked.

I quite liked the ministry actually: meeting new people, out in the sunshine, going for something to eat after. I wouldn't be eager to do it again now that I no longer believe it. But I wouldn't say I regret it. I regret sitting through Sunday morning meetings more: hoping for a half decent speaker, being disappointed, then counting the paragraphs one by one to the marathon finish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit