Whose Prayers Are Heard?

by compound complex 27 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I personally heard a local elder, discussing his recently DA'd daughter, distressed that Jehovah would not hear her prayers, because she wouldn't use the literal, English word, "Jehovah".

I threw up in my mouth a little.

Another thing I heard, was a sister saying that apostates "cannot" say the word "Jehovah".

I can't even make this stuff up.

• Waffles
    Waffles

/thread on account of loosie's comment lol.

Nailed it!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Typical JW statement: "If you pray without Jehovah's name, he won't hear it."

Wow... this means he never heard Jesus' prayers, then. Have JWs never wondered about this?

• compound complex
    compound complex

I thank you all for your replies.

So true: some of these experiences could not have been made up!

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi CoCo,

did/do you feel that God would respond to anyone praying to him, without the agency of a Witness?

For sure! I can talk to my Dad any time.

John 1:12-13 (New International Version)

12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Who is than then? "Jehovah"? No, Jesus.

John 1:29 (New International Version)
    29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

All the best, Stephen
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Stephen, for your heartfelt reply.

Sincerely,

CoCo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

CoCo..I have no idea Bud!..Personally I don`t think anyones Prayers are heard..

........................OUTLAW

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I believe God not only hears but answers prayers, "heaven" knows (pun intended) he's answered many a prayer of mine over the years, but then again, I've never been a JW with "unusual" expectations. ( and I do believe that is one of the KEYS of prayer.... expectation).

• musky
    musky

Growing up as a witness, I thought only the Jehovah's Witness's prayers were heard. I think I felt a little conceited with this attitude. I honestly don't think that God hears my prayers now. If God is all powerful, then it shouldn't be too much trouble to answer a prayer. But I still compelled to pray some times.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

God is usually too busy finding my mom's car keys, so she can go to the meeting, to be worried about what everyone else is praying for...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit