Anyone ever 'effectively' protest Jehovah's Witnesses?

by AK - Jeff 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Mouthy and I went together to N.Y. Bethal and we had a blast. Folks prayed while some held signs fielding questions to quotations of past WT such as the false prophecies. Others sat around pretending to be bystanders and asking, "What's going on with these people? What's this sign mean, "Will Sodom and Gomorrah be resurrected?" With each year representing answer, ya know, it says no, yes, no, yes, etc. He's trying to get them to look at the signs and act like a dumbarse not understanding what the signs means. He gets a few of them.

One actually had balls to talk to one of us from the same group, a Evangical Christian, an youth pastor, was talking to a married JW couple and fielding questions and sharing scriptures. I turned from watching them, I noticed a very looking pissed off middle aged man in a car that had stopped to stare at them. Looks like an Elder or some higher up. He wasn't liking what he was seeing. I'm figuring, "uh oh, incoming sheparding talk!"

Anyway, the couple seemed very receptive to the Youth Pastor and man does he have awesome memory, he can quote every single infamous WT quotes to them, month, year and page number. They be like, puzzled, and would often respond in two ways, they look it up at the library and ask questions themselves to their Elders. It was a good day for all three of them.

Others pass out tracts, some fold them up and put them under door handles in the vehicles, so when the driver pulls the handle, it'll fall out. They may instinctively pick it up, but at least they have it in their hand. So it can go two ways, trash or read it later when no one is looking. One guy did. Nabbed the tract from a guy hold it out, crumbled it and pretended to trash it while quickly snap back and stuff it in his pocket. Then looked around to make sure no one saw. Incredible.

I placed business sized cards in all of the phone booths that I could find, with what I once had was a telephone messaging service, people call in and listen in messages that my mom helped back then set it up for me. I just pick the topic and she does the rest. Mom told me after I did all that, sometime after midnight when most peeps are asleep, they call the number quietly and listen to my message tape. They all full well know listening to apostate messages or reading their literature is strictly a no-no. She heard 3 dozens clicking from the answering machine. So she knew I was at New York. Heh heh!

Ran into a deaf JW couple walking by Bethal, tried to talk to them, but nope, shunning in action! How sad!

I was there at the very first demostration that Witness Now for Jesus ever started. When we got there, the cops came up and said, "About damn time you guys showed up. What took ya so long?!" LOL That was so awesome.

First year we got away with the use of the bullhorn. One guy decided to walk down the block to see how far it goes and he went 3 blocks before it died out. LOL Darn good one too! We got their attention alright.

Second year, not so much, we didn't have a permit for the bullhorn, which I think it's a load of bull, but we're not there to get arrested. But we made our presence known and especially those that lost family members on account of the shunning. It really devistates people when they become dead to their children and brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers. Even grandparents and grandchildren. It's heart renching to see people share their stories about losing love ones. It's tough, very tough.

We wanted the people to know they are false prophects and has killed more people than Jim Jones combined by their blood policies and past ban on organ transplants and vacinnations. Jim Jones gained media attention on the Kool-Aid suicide, JWs don't. Because they all die one at a time, in the course of the years. But theoretically, JWs that refuse blood are commiting a very serious sin, suicide. (that's for you pro JWs out there!)

All in all, we had a blast. I would love to go back again someday, there I stood years ago, at the heart where everything began to unfold in Brooklyn New York with these 12 old buzzards that reigns at the top of their Watchtower. Brrrrrrr! That place gave me the creeps.

Yiz

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for the experiences Yiz and Mouthy.

I do recall one poster who stated that someone put a billboard up just near the KH that said simply "607?" - at least that is what I remember. I think the poster was Bob Evans from Tennessee. He figured it out as a result.

Jeff

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

AK Jeff,

Yes, I have had effective results.

Have tried many things including protesting at conventions and even outside the entrance to the Bethel.

There are two things through which I have had results.

1/ Writing a book

2/ Providing information to Non Jehovah's Witnesses.

1/

I have made a book available through my blog.

Many people have read it and provided some encouraging feedback providing plenty of evidence that results have been acheived.

Here is an email I received from a Jehovah's Witness who took the time to read the book:

Able B. Man,

I ordered and received your book; and over a two day span read it from beginning to end.

I am convinced that the contents are true. I am going to read it again. I find it most interesting that once one is disellowshipped, others in the congregation are not allowed to speak with them. Now isn't that convenient?

What I appreciate the most about you is that you love the Jehovah and His Christ and getting at the the truth of a matter; that you recognize that that there is an "Evil Slave" that will exclude and persecute his own Brothers for speaking the truth.

It was nearly 18 years ago when I was first exposed to this "Great City". And, I am glad that I have learned a great many things about the Bible. But before that, I remember asking the God in heaven to show me the truth no matter how unpleasant. He has answered me.

As I was reading your book, and looking up the supporting scriptures, I knew deep down that it was truthful. But at the same time, I knew that many of those who I know "in the organization" will have a difficult time with it. But I know I cannot remain silent over this.

I know I will asked to study the Bible with an experienced Elder to get "re-programmed." Of course I will decline.

I have stopped attending the meetings and have attended my last celebration of the Lords Evening Meal at the KH.

Now I must withdraw from this city.

I will drop you a line from time to time to let you know how things are going, Brother.

Thank you so much and may Jehovah richly bless you.

You can find this email and some other comments through the following link:

http://thebiblereport.blogspot.com/2009/06/reader-comments-good.html

2/

I have two newsletters which I share with mostly Non-Jehovah's Witnesses.

The reason I share it with Non-Jehovah's Witnesses is because a Jehovah's Witness would probably destroy it before even reading.

The newsletters intended audience is a Non-Jehovah's witness who in many circumstances will take the time to read and understand what its contents mean.

I recognise that many of these Non-Jehovah's Witnesses might have friends, neighbours and even family who are indeed Jehovah's Witnesses and this information may eventualy percolate down to them.

The newsletters can be printed out on boths sides of one sheet of paper which makes it easy to leave in mail boxes, laundromats and under windsheild wipers at shopping malls ect.

I keep a couple hundred copies in my truck and leave them under windsheild wipers every time I visit a mall or any other place.

Have even gone to District Conventions and left them under windsheild wipers on cars parked around.

I do know through several forums that other people also do this with the same newsletters.

The two newsletters can be downloaded through the following links:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7597340/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Knocking

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11566728/Jehovahs-Witnesses-and-Satans-lie

I guess the rationale here is that if you cannot reach a baptised Jehovah's Witness then the next best alternative is to reach everyone else!

Eventually the Jehovah's Witnesses will have no one to witness to as the rest of the World will already see through the deceptions.

Although I presently have no means to measure how effective this is the rationale seems more valid than other techniques I have seen, however I have seen some results.

Regards

abe

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx abe.

This is the idea behind the thread. Finding effective ways to help Jw's exit, or prevent others from joining. I appreciate your approach.

Jeff

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, I have a life and know the meaning of the label "tool" and "waste of time."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit