Viewpoint from Manager of our local newspaper.

by worldtraveller 39 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

I did a pro creationist report in my biology class in High school. I read it in fron of the class and teacher. My teacher gave me a B. It must have been out of pity since he sounded like a staunch "evolutionist" but he gave me that grade for the effort. I lifted and slightly rearranged that whole report from the Evolution book.

If it weren't for that religion I would now be a paleoanthropologist dusting off prehistoric bones.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

To the few that question his comment about the age of the planet. I believe you have dwelled on something that people on the outside couldn't have cared less. The point of the article was not about disputing the facts. It's about exposing the religion based on the lies and hypocracy it is based on. Who cares how old the planet is. It's about destroyed lives either by molestation, shunning, or whatever else. One could examine every story ever told and found enough evidence to debunk it.

The writer here has a legitimate argument. How accurate the facts are is minor compared to the damage the society has done.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

worldtraveller, no one here was disputing that the author has a legitimate argument. Some are just wondering whether a JW reading it would recognize it as a legitimate argument, or dismiss it out of hand.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Excellent article, thanks for posting it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

As many of us as possible should write a letter thanking him. I will tomorrow...too tired now.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

To Bluecanary. I believe the letter was intended mostly for "worldly" people. Witnesses won't read this anyway unless they are "on the fence". Who gives a s$#t what these brainwashed "slaves" believes. Once I found out just how evil this (B)org turned out, I stopped the studies immediately.

As a matter of fact I have taken a witness to a collection agency because I can only assume that these lunatics believe that because the world is coming to an end soon, that there is no reason to pay their debt.

As far as the age of this planet is concerned, not one person has or will be able to predict just how old this planet is. Anyone who thinks they do must have a "way back machine" or is a complete idiot. If I have time I will visit his office and mention that the article was well written. I cannot mention that the article was published here because no one got permission.

Take care. Bill.

• chickpea
    chickpea

great article....

anything that offers a glimpse
    into this cultish religion , even
    at local levels, alerting recruiting
    targets to the particular JW brand
    of crazy is a body blow to the b0rg

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some of you are focusing on the "6000 years" comment. To be fair, it should have said that mankind was taught to be 6000 years old.

But focusing on the main point instead, excellent job of pointing at their double standard.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Smart guy

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Most excellent. So I gather the editor was a JW? Or just knows alot about the indoctrinations of the JW world?

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit