Ok have you ever been asked this question in regards to Isaiah 43:10 ?

by StoneWall 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:Though a liberal, I must admit to a desire to goal kick those little yappers myself. Don't tell PETA!

Don't feel bad. There are a boatload of "conservatives" I'd like to thump, too. As for PETA: I eat those suckers alive and make coats out of their skins!

Ok. I just about hijacked this very nice thread. I only wanted to bring you current on my doings as of late.

I'll shut up now. We can always yell at each other on another, appropriate thread.

Good night, Gracie.

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

Goodnight Farkel

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to mdb's point about the implicit comparison of Google to the Bible. Google, the Bible, WT publications, and other forms of media all help to inform our opinions, and help us reach conclusions and judgments about truth and falsehood. As with all endeavours of imperfect people, there is an element of witness, sometimes of error, and instances or patterns of both profanity and holiness.

• androb31
    androb31

Spike,

You stated.....

"We have one true God, and many other gods (Jesus being chief), and the holy scriptures back me in this assertion.

Also there are several who legitimately have God or god in their titles, as the holy scriptures also prove."

So there is one true God, that being only the Father according to you, right?

That means all other gods are false gods, right?

According to your statement there are "many other gods (Jesus being chief)", right?

What kind of god then is Jesus, true of false?

What does that make Jesus the Chief of according to your logic here?

Which gods is he chief of?

This one?

Philippians 3:19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

These?

Jeremiah 13:25 This is your lot, the portion I have decreed for you," declares the LORD, "because you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods.

Or maybe these?

Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Regarding "true" in "one true God", I take it to mean "ultimate source of truth". In that case, it would be false to claim that Jesus or any other "god" is the "ultimate source of truth".

• androb31
    androb31

"Regarding "true" in "one true God", I take it to mean "ultimate source of truth". In that case, it would be false to claim that Jesus or any other "god" is the "ultimate source of truth"."

So again I ask you. What kind of god is Jesus, true or false?

Simple question....

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jesus' role as secondary god is true, based on the established holy scriptures, and even pronouncements by the only true God himself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

secondary god...seems to violate a whole array of scriptures

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike,

To say that Jesus is not the source of the truth, but God is may be technically correct, but it does leave out that, as per John, ALL came into being THROUGH Jesus, and that includes the Truth.

• androb31
    androb31

Spike,

"Jesus' role as secondary god is true, based on the established holy scriptures, and even pronouncements by the only true God himself."

So according to this, one of 2 things is true. Either Jesus is "true God" and one with the Father or you and JW's in general are polytheistic.

As in:

Isaiah 43:10

“YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may

know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed,

and after me there continued to be none.

Which is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit