Talk at 2009 District Convention- World!!

by truthlover 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthlover
    truthlover

I know that in one of the talks it was mentioned that we no longer use the wording "new system" it is "new world" - did anyone else hear that and if so, can u tell me what talk it was used in?

I think it was on sunday - my mp3 didnt record that day..

thanks muchly

TL

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

It was mentioned in the talk 'Sing to Jehovah" , referring to changes in some of the terminology for new melodies.

" 25 years have passed since we received our current songbook. During that time, the light has become brighter on a number of topics. As a result, some of the expressions used in our songs are new …… For example, we no longer speak of the new order, but of the new world. Love, joy and peace are not fruits of the Spirit; they are aspects of the fruitage of the Spirit. And Jehovahs name will be sanctified, not vindicated"

What's with that whole "fruitage" of the Spirit thing, instead of fruit? Is that a real word? Who talks like that, and why is it an important difference?

I love the title of new melody , "The Beauty of Gray-Headedness" Perhaps i should have my family and friends memorize the lyrics, as i am 49, and don't plan to dye! LOL.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

They recycle everything. They called it the "New World" back when I was a little girl.

• crapola
    crapola

Yeah, Scarred for life. That's what I remember, how hard it was to change from new world to new system and now they change it back. Always changing.

• loosie
    loosie

I remeber in the 80's being told not to use new world because it sounded like when Hilter wanted a new world order.

So new world order is okay now !?!?!

• yesidid
    yesidid
    They recycle everything. They called it the "New World" back when I was a little girl.

Scarred for life, you took the words right out of my mouth.

• truthlover
    truthlover

thanks everyone for the info, I knew I hear something about it.. in our talk, it was REALLY emphasized, repeated twice for emphasis, I guess...

Thanks again

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's from the latest edition of the Newspeak dictionary, no doubt. And who are we at war with again? Is it Eastasia or Eurasia?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"New world."

"New order."

Both are incorrect. The correct term is "New Dark Ages". Of course they will never use that one, because it's the truth.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has used various terms over the years.

new world society

new system of things

new system

new order

new world

but never "new world order" which is only referred to as a political term used in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit