hi everybody and my story

by inbetween 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

miracle wheat for sale.... come and get it

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. I wish all the best for you because you have come to a difficult stage in life and things will never be the same for you from this point forward. If you choose to leave times will become very difficult emotionally. However, if you choose to stay, knowing what you now know, you will find being a witness very irritating.

Cameo-d made some good points. Over time you will start to change your viewpoints and some of those pros will not seem so strong, or at least you will come to realise there are many religions, or religious people that are the same as Witnesses.

On the other hand, Quietly leaving also made an interesting observation. Being a JW is quite a nice way of life for many people, provided your life isn't adversely affected by doctrine such as disfellowshipping, shortsightedness of the future and blood transfusions or controlling elders.

I ended up spending a decade pretending to be a JW for family reasons, but it eventually got hard as the cons started to outweigh the pros.

• startingover
    startingover

Welcome.

I feel that 607 is the most important thing you can look into as it is the basis of the religion. I think this is the easiest way to understand it. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/55372/1/586-587-the-K-I-S-S-approach-no-VAT4956-Ptolemy-Josephus-needed

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

inbetween,

I think you already have enough to read so far. So, I'll just say...

WELCOME!!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Welcome to the forum Inbetween,

You quired some questioning on the year 1914 and how this date was such a stronghold in to JWS theology,

some have already mentioned why through close examination it should not be a date of importance and even the JWS have

now backed away from the year in many of their teachings.

Here is a few more important dates or events that proved to be wrong and misrepresented.

Do check out free-minds web site there for there is a huge amount of information gathered on that site.

As always view the information with a critical but open mind in comprehending whats there.

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/chronology/dates-from-the-watchtower.html

• inbetween
    inbetween

hi, thanks for your welcome and nice thoughts.

Yes, I see it at the beginning of a journey, where I dont know it will end...

Certainly one very important point is what "Albert Einstein" mentioned: the blood issue.

many other things you can debate, and have different opinions, but the blood issue can take the life of your and your loved ones, and that needs to change pretty soon, maybe next on the urgent list is the disfellwshipping, if you keep it, then strongly according to the scriptures and with lots of mercy in mind....

inbetween

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and hearty welcome, InBetween! I am very glad you're here.

It isn't going to be easy, but it IS going to be worth it... and life really does get better and better.

Love to you,
    Baba.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

What a nice thread,

Welcome to the Board,

purps

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Welcome Inbetween

You will find lots of help here, many have or are going through similar situations.

The initial trigger for me was finding out about the WT's 9 years secret affliation with the UN as an NGO - I just couldn't believe they could be so hypocritical. So after 32 years in the JWs i decided that I could no longer be any part of them. Of course the shunning followed, but I'm glad that I'm out.

So glad that you are here and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Twinkletoes

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Pros and Cons lists are always a good idea. I hope you take the time to read over yours again in a few month's time and see how you feel about how you've stacked them up!

Re. the Bible not being used much in churches. I've visited several churches since leaving the Watch Tower Society last summer and I can state that in evangelical Christian churches the Bible is used prolifically. The biggest difference in Bible usage is that it's unlikely that a church service will contain 15 or 20 scriptures. Rather it will likely focus on one passage of scripture and the speaker will develop it as the sermon progresses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit