most rude behaviour experienced from elders...

by Albert Einstein 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

What was the weirdest and most rude thing you experienced / witnessed from elders?

My favourite one is called George. He was a PO in the cong, where I became an elder (I was young and absolutely unexperienced). He was an old dictator-like guy.

The other day, 60 years old, divorceed, very spiritual and very proud sister came in the KH to George, complaining about a mistake he did (she was right...).

George didnt know what to say (because she was right) so he looked at her like she was an insane child and said in front of others: "Rita, you know what your real problem is? You need a guy!" Turned away and left...

Rita complained to a CO, and CO gave to George private counsel, and later told me ... "You have to watch over George, he cannot behave like this..."

That time I was absolutly confused, today its just funny and ridiculous... I have so many stories about George....

Albert

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

They are mostly rude to those who don't go out on FS regularly, miss meetings to watch sport, and don't comment during the meetings.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

An elder was chastising a young pioneer sister for refusing to take a low paying job. She shut him up by asking, "Could you live on minimum wage?"

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I attended a bookstudy in New Orleans once. Every time one elderly brother commented, the conductor would find some way to tell him he was wrong, even though he just answered from the info given. This happened four times! It was a very blatant prejudice.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Two days after I was reinstated, we attended a circuit assembly. One elder who seen me(he attended a different cong.) said,"yeah, I heard you were reinstated, hope you stay that way." WTF!!! He was an arrogant, pompous a**hole.

• chickpea
    chickpea

the guy came to the KH i attended
    as a widowed MTS hotshot and for
    a time he really did energize the congro...

he stayed, gratis, at our summer cottage
    for nearly 2 months until arrangements
    came together with a rental belonging to
    another family in the congro i attended....
    he totally trashed the place, using every
    dish and glass, and believe me there
    were many sets of dishes there as it
    had been my in-laws party palace...
    never took out garbage, etc etc....

he was nice enough but totally unschooled
    in manners... when he was CO subbing, he
    used another congro member's cabin and
    NAILED BLANKETS over the window into
    their paneling, ate straight out of the jars
    in their refrigerator.... a real house ape....

• darnkid
    darnkid

How 'bout being literally on the brink of suicide because of mental/emotional/sexual abuse by your husband and being told you have no grounds to leave him?

Course, the elder that told me that was later disfellowshipped for adultery.

• lalaa
    lalaa

One time I had gone out in field service and one of the elders looked and me and said "what are you doing here?? I guess armageddon is happening today.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Watching a room full of them all pissed up(Drunk) on vacation..And..Having a young woman come and sit on they`re laps so they could be all elderly..Ya Right!

No amount of liquor could make you believe,they were just trying to be good guys..

They acted like children who thought they could get away with anything because they had position..

It was disgusting to watch..

.......................OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

NOw,

They are not all like that. But the bad ones.... WOOOOO! They were bad! OMFG, I could tell you stories...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit