Pennsylvania Camping....

by AK - Jeff 14 Replies latest social physical

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Drew - you should pop over and have coffee around the campfire some morning.

When are you going to be around?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We personally used to aviod PA State campgrounds like the plague. At least in the areas we went, they did not permit beer or for that matter, any alcohol. I mean, what fun is it sitting around a campfire without a cold one!

Private campgrounds, in general, tend to have more amenities. While they are typically more expensive, the private ones don't have the police wandering all over the place like the State ones do.

Rub a Dub

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

RubaDub - did you happen to notice that this trip is about the kids? Alcohol and avoiding police are not particularly high on the agenda when they are the focus.

Drew - not sure about the timing now. Having a bit of a time getting the boss to agree to days off. I earned them - but they control when I can get them - sound like any religion we used to be part of? LOL But if we get to go to the area I will let you know. PM me with an email if you like - or I will just PM you if you check in regularly.

Jeff

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Jeff,

Keystone park is only about an hour from me and it is pretty nice. Not too many side attraction except the drag strip nearby.

I used to camp a lot at Shawnee State Park in Somerset county. The lake is beautiful and you can drive to Bedford in about 20 minutes. You could see the historic Bedford Springs Hotel and Resort if you go there.....

http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/BedfordSprings.aspx

Or you could see Old Bedford Village.....

http://www.oldbedfordvillage.com/

Whatever you decide, let me know and I'd be happy to take a drive and meet you guys. It would also provide the opportunity to meet Drew Sagan. We've talked about meeting up for a couple of years now, but it hasn't happened yet.

HappyDad

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok H-Dad. Yes that would be grand to meet you and Drew. I hope we can pull it off.

Thanx for the suggestions too. If my boss wasn't giving me such a hard time, I would get it planned and let you know right away.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit