Personal experience of accepting Jesus as God, how was it for you?

by digderidoo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• the research lady
    the research lady

Amazing has said it all. AMEN

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

bookmarked

• sacolton
    sacolton

Reading the Bible without Watchtower filters. The apostles knew who Jesus was and made it no secret to give him the worship He deserves. Our Lord and our God!

• reniaa
    reniaa

I have never accepted Jesus as God only as God's son as the bible always calls him. my experiences with the bible it is all open up to me if I accept Jesus in my life as king and Priest and ACTUALLY God's beloved son but also excepting Jehovah as God and been able to use a Personal name for Almighty God Jehovah is a blessing other religions just throw away like it is meaningless despite math 6 the lords prayer.

(yes you asked for only one type of experience but this is a Jw site not a christendom one so I am treating this thread as the pro-Jw I am) if you want to promote a purely themed debate on one religion I recommend you use the forum for that religion.

Reniaa

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

if you want to promote a purely themed debate on one religion I recommend you use the forum for that religion.

But i don't and you'd have read the OP properly you would have seen that i don't.

Paul

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Ren, you're telling us that God is limited. Basically what you are saying is YOU are limiting God. You DON'T want God to be the person to love us as we are and making this sacrifice in the flesh to die for our sins so we don't have to. God wants to forgive us PERSONALLY. Yes, God died in the flesh, but He's still alive in the Spirit.

God revealed himself to me when I was studying the scriptures. It was the JWs that made me think "Why should I believe that Jesus is God?"

It was John 14:26 that revealed to me who God, who was, who is and is yet to come.

Come soon, Lord Jesus.

Amen!

Yiz

• villabolo
    villabolo

"(yes you asked for only one type of experience but this is a Jw site not a christendom one so I am treating this thread as the pro-Jw I am) if you want to promote a purely themed debate on one religion I recommend you use the forum for that religion."

Remiaa this is an EX JW site which is composed of a wide variety of people from atheists and agnostics all the way to evangelical Christians as well as JWs like you. Where do you get the notion that "this is a JW site"?

Villabolo

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

reniaa

...also excepting Jehovah as God and been able to use a Personal name for Almighty God Jehovah is a blessing other religions just throw away like it is meaningless...

If you want to bragg about God's "Personal name" at least get it right, it's definatly not Jehovah.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I have put my experience and will repect the op enough not to debate on it.

P'S the funny thing is I got the whacky idea that this was a Jw forum from it's Header... JEHOVAH'S WITNESS.NET crazy person I am and the many foolish witnesses that come on here finding a nest of ex-JWs and not the compatriots they hope for lol

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks for the posts on this. I find it interesting that ex JW's have done a U-turn on this issue, it intrigues me as to why years ago we so valiantly defended Jesus as God's son, yet some now have done a 180.

Blacksheep, I will have to look at that Moffat's translation, i didn't realise it existed.

Narcissos, i am not a Christian either. I do see what you are saying with reference to 2 Cor 5:19

sspo, i agree that this board is not going to settle the issue. There are varying view points, but alot can be learned from here i feel.

Chalam, i like that write up, it seems comforting. Thanks for that. And thanks for your experience.

Satanus, thanks for your input. the question of God is something that's been unimportant for me for many years. It is only of late that i have been looking into this.

Deputy Dog, short, but to the point.

Amazing, i didn't realise that the Trinity doctrine was documented so far back. Thanks for your experience.

BTS, the Holy Spirit being a person is maybe something i will look into at another stage lol

Snowbird, I was like you in that i had the know it all JW beliefs. I always remember being 14 years old and knocked the door to a vicarage with my 15 year old friend. We spent a good half hour talking to the Vicar about John 1:1 and the Trinity doctrine. As we left he told us to place more emphasis on Jesus, but we felt as though we'd done ourselves justice. I will look at John 8:58 when i've finished here, thanks.

The research lady, Amazings post was a good read.

Lurker, i think i will bookmark this too.

Sacolton, i came to the conclusion to drop the WT filters, i think however after years of indoctrination, it still lingers.

Reniia, thanks for your input, i am one of the few here who actually welcome your posts and respect the fact that you are willing to engage. You will find previous posts where i have said that, in fact i was only talking to someone by email a couple of days ago about how i welcome your posts. I also repsect the fact that you show your photo. I do not agree that other religions have threw away the name Jehovah, as a more correct rendering is Yahweh which the NWT in it's foreward admit. you are correct that i have asked for one type of experience, due to the fact that i wondered why people have made a u-turn on this issue. I am only interested in this one issue, which is why i posted it, so i'm not really interested in other experiences. For instance if i posted a thread about marijuana experience, i wouldn't really be interested in people's experience of alcohol. I will not post my thoughts on another forum, as i want to know about an ex jw experience so i will post it here.

Thanks all so far for your posts, i would like to ask again that debating the trinity doctrine be left to the other thread as it is good to read about experience, rather than doctrine. I think it's good for others to see too, and would hate to see this thread get swallowed up in debate.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit