What's your 4th of July plans?

by Quirky1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Having a party as usual, but it will be scaled back to less than 40 people instead of 100. My dear husband will be grilling the usual picnic fare, and I'll be making my world famous bean dip and brownies for appetizers and dessert. An aposta-friend from Boston is making the trip down here for the big day. This is the first time meeting him in person, and my family and I are eager for his arrival. The fireworks are set off right across the street from my house, so we have a glorious view.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm batchen also. I just took my wife to the airport. She is going to the convention in Salt Lake. A while back I did a thread asking for movie suggestions and I be going over it tomorrow to figure out which ones to start renting. On the forth I'll probably go to the beach. I have a friend who I knew as a JW back in the early seventies. He had the good sense to leave years before I did. Last time I saw him was on Labor Day when we went surfing together. After that his family had a barbeque at the beach. I'll probably go again on the 4th with him and his son who is also an ex dubster. I've also been know to buy things while my wife is away that I might have gotten a little flack over if she was her. I think she figures I I don't say anything about her going to the assembly then she can't say much about what I do when she is gone.

• awildflower
    awildflower

What a fun thread. Sounds like a few parties going on! The other day I asked my husband (retired Navy man) how do I register to vote if I want to. It had hit me how precious freedom really is. How we live in a great country to be so free (compared to other countries of course). So this is the first 4th that actually really means something to me. I was an active JW through my husbands Navy career so I never got involved in anything military and I really regrett that now. All the connections I could have made........Anyways this 4th represents Freedom for me in the biggest way from so many things! Also my son turns 19 on the 4th! The last time he had a b-day celebration was his first b-day (wasn't a jw then). So this year will be extra special.

Would love to party with you guys! I'll be having a drink or two or three, for everyone. Sacolton, that doensn't sound to bad, you could always come over here!................wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit