What's your 4th of July plans?

by Quirky1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'll be batchen it while the JW wifey goes to the DC....

• freeman
    freeman

July 4 th is a very special day to me.

Not only because it is my nations’ birthday, but because I was set free from the watchtower merry-go-round on July 4 th , 1987. I will celebrate with a barbeque, some beer, and later some brandy and a vintage (legal, rare, and very expensive) Pre-Castro Cigar.

Freeman

• Girl from County Hell
    Girl from County Hell

I will be collecting signatures to keep same-sex marriage legal in Maine. I kinda got roped into doing this, but what the hell, it's a good cause. Hopefully, I'll also get to see some fireworks that evening, but it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate.

• undercover
    undercover

There's nothing like celebrating your nation's independance as eating, drinking and blowing shit up...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Plans are a bit iffy now...

Had plans to go to the Fireworks show at the Hollywood Bowl on Thursday but my car is in shop with serious expense so can't justify HB tickets while I'm out of work.

Other plans are to spend the Saturday with friends who are camping in the hills above Santa Barbara. Now with all the Michael Jackson chaos, not sure we want to get caught in the traffic and craziness.

We'll see what happens. At least the weather is nice.

-Aude.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Nothing. Maybe get a bottle of wine and a pizza. Watch movies.

Yay for me.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Food -n- Fireworks

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A neighboring town has a very nice celebration each year. Large fireworks show, free watermelon/lemonade/ice water and a live band.

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Barbecue chicken/baked beans/veggies with dip/chips. The state I live in has kicked up the price on booze and you can only get the "spirits" at a booze store. What is up with that?-----so it will be wine coolers. When the fireworks start I will spend the rest of the night prying my cat off the ceiling.....

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Driving up north to see my bro in Lincoln, CA for BBQ and swimming in his new pool Fri-Sun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit