Embarrassing Moments on the Platform

by HintOfLime 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

I Have a aunt who is pretty fat, especialy her bottum.

She played a little scene with an other sister during de servicemeating( don't know the exact name in english). she was sitting at the table with the other sister on the platform playing someone who was given biblestudy.

At the end of the scene, when she wanted to stand up, but the chair got stuck on her and she could not get it of her behind.

Now my aunt's got a good sense of humor and she stood up turned her behind with the chair still on it in the direction of the hall and started to shake her bottom...The whole gongregation could not stop laughing.

• Gram
    Gram

When the sisters were first given assignments back in the 50's, mine was from the dark green book, I think it was called "JW's in the Divine Purpose" I was relating the experience from someone in Madgeburg, Germany probably during WWII. Since my mom's name was Madge I pronounced the city "Madge burg". When I was finished, the brother was fast to tell me, and the audience, that the pronounciation of the city is Mag-de-burg. They laughed. I wanted to crawl under the seats.

• trueblue
    trueblue

When an elder called on a brother and said brother Pain in the rear

• dFromTheD
    dFromTheD

I was asked to give a prayer... and forgot 'through jesus christ'. HAHA. I chose to leave early.

• The Berean
    The Berean

There was a ninety year old elder in a local congreagtion who would occasionally still be given small parts as well as be asked to pray ... UNTIL ... on consecutive Thursday nights he brought the house down. In the first instance, near the end of a question and answer assignment the old codger squinted toward the rear of the hall and beckoned to a teenage female who had been raising her hand: " I hope the young sister will forgive me. I have been looking you over for the entire meeting."

The next week would be one of his last on the platform. Again he would initiate gagging, snorting, and choking with words in his closing prayer: "Excuse us Jehovah for our falling shorts"!

I guess it will happen to all of us ...

• villabolo
    villabolo

Once, when giving a short talk, I forgot to wear my tie.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

During a presentation on stage my skirt fell to my ankles.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I've heard of instances of sisters falling off the platform during talks & the like... & weird people walking in to the hall & hitting people. There were often drunks turning up when i was young, people would start crying while giving talks, & the equipment would routinely fail, songs would skip due to scratched CD's, etc...

At the end of a DC a very old brother gave the following prayer: "Our loving father Jehovah, thank you! Amen"

And at the hall i grew up in there was a french brother who used to give a lot of talks that no one could understand due to his strong accent. I remember during his prayers people would randomly say amen at different points, thinking he had said it...

I farted really loud once, although i was only about 7 years old, so i can barely remember it.

My uncle once told me about a guy who 'swore' during a public talk by mistake... the weird part is that 'got off the platform straight after'... i mean, why? why get off the platform? it's only a mistake, & an embarrassing one as well, there's no reason to punish yourself further

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was about 10, and was the householder. The sister giving the talk suddenly started to cry...and got up and left the platform. I had no idea what to do. I didn't know if I had made her cry... so I sat there pinned to my seat for a bit...then finally tiptoed off the platform.

Coffee

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

It really doesn't surprise me that so many people cry at the hall, it is a pretty upsetting place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit